Music The Music Thread

Yesterday was National Record Store Day so I went along to my local vinyl shop, which is in a shed in some blokes back garden in Buckden, and bought some new (well, new to me) albums. Took my 18 year old along who didn't recognise a single band other than Led Zeppelin.

I was thinking last night after really enjoying particular song thats a alot older than i thought, & thought i cant really admit in public to liking this song. so whats worse internet history or ipod playlist being revealed, Because i got some brilliant songs in my opinion, but few could ever been classed as "cool" rest are very debatable in other opinions. As if anyone had a look they think it was a teenage girl not a 26yr old man LOL

incase you wondering the song :whistle::):thumbsup:

Last edited:
I realised I have never heard a single track of Ariana Garnde ever.
So I put you tube on. Picked a track with 955 million views, that many people can't be wrong I thought to myself.

They were. What a load of shite.

Just watched, Tales from the Tour bus. On bbc4. Wow best program for music nerds I've seen for years. Why that wasn't on bbc1 I have no idea. It will be repeated. Watch it. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Is a soft southern bastard like you allowed to have a Northern Soul collection?

Apropos nothing at all I bought a couple of new albums in a record store in Leeds this week and asked if they had an Gong. The bloke behind the counter told me there was another record shop close by "run by another old hippy" who might have some :(

when I heard of tom petty passing on Thursday night, In the nicest way I wasn't bothered because I didn't really know of him but it wasnt until I was listening to chris moyles chatting about him & playing his songs, I realised how amazing his career was & how many songs I knew like freefalling song ive heard for years but never knew it was him or thought "yeah this is a tune" like I wont back down or some from travelling wilburies

Back
Top Bottom