Music The Music Thread

Yes I was reading up on what happened them but didn't know he had died, they were all active in the coal miners strike which is where they took their name from and ironically that song I posted was said to have been Margaret Thatcher's favourite.

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone remembers this song by the Beautiful South it's called "Rotterdam"

And now I wonder if my fellow Bristolians remember this version created by the radio station GWR it is called "Totterdown" and stopped me going mad when I was stuck in traffic in the rush hour I especially liked the line that goes "And you're welcome to our area especially if your not Welsh." Sorry gethinceri but you will understand why it is funny.

Last edited:
What a voice.:o

Just to fit in with the current theme of music from Bristol. :) Ranks as one of the best football club songs I have ever heard.
Sadly the team isn't very successful at the moment, I just don't understand what happened to them, they were in a good spot in League One a few years back........

Last edited:
... one of my favourite artists is Richard Thompson (one of the founding members of Fairport Convention).
... his son, Teddy Thompson

Okay, thought I ought to come and make a presence and explore site having already bodged up my attempts at joining! As a lover of all things music and noticing this thread, I'm only down two posts and see this?

Richard Thompson - apart from being wickedly talented guitar player - just been enjoying his 'Electric' album, here's a song I found a few years and it's a high rated fave of mine. Just wondered if you've heard it, mentioning them both: Persuasion

If you like Caparezza, I could keep you in touch with his new hits!
This is the last song, who is the label of the CD which will be published on April!

Back
Top Bottom