Announcement The Formula One Overtaking Database has been launched

would it be possible to colour the background pale yellow for laps that were under safety car
Mike already has that on his to do list :)

We don't currently track red flags so wouldn't be able to include that.

These new interactive lap charts are amazing.

Where else on the internet can you do this?
I'll tell you where else, nowhere else.

2012-chinese-gp-lap-chart.png

Indeed.

I suppose a red line could be drawn down the chart to indicate when a race is red flagged.
In terms of overtakes I suppose it's as relevant as a safety car as it closes the field right back up again.

A fairly major update to the content has been completed; we now have interactive lap charts for every GP from 1981 to 2012 inclusive.

Huge thanks to Mike who completed the remaining years.

This has been done programmatically and some mapping was required for the various drivers, so please let us know if you spot any errors.

Something which is often mentioned and discussed is the number of overtakes by the three slowest teams on each other and also overtakes by the other nine established teams on them.

Would it be useful being able to see a breakdown of this data?

We could potentially do it for every season if there are other teams in previous seasons who are considered to have the same relative performance deficit as Marussia, HRT and Caterham.

Let us know if this is something you would like to see.

Necro bump!

I've been working on updating the OTDB over the last week or two (taking a break from writing code for FF1).

I'll be rolling out an updated version soon which has some new features and functionality.

Just rolled out another huge update.

I have essentially exposed all of the data on all of the pages, including position changes, safety car laps, etc., making it possible to search, filter, and compare amongst the various, teams, drivers, etc.

I have also added highlighting for wet and varied races, making them stand out in the various tables.

Plus lots more.

(I am trialling some of this to see how it works, so I may scale it back.)

The latest build has been rolled out.

In addition to various other changes since the last build, you can now see position changes from grid to finish and also first lap position changes on the GP pages.

http://cliptheapex.com/overtaking/gps/2015-bhr.920/

I think I've done about as much as I can now as all of the data is exposed on the various pages.
Anything else would require additional data which we either don't log, or it's not available.

Back
Top Bottom