FIA The FIA admits the controversy at the Abu Dhabi GP is “tarnishing the image of the Championship”

This.

The FIA promised this inquiry three days after Abu Dhabi. But work on it did not start until last week. And Ben Sulayem's meeting with Wolff happened a little over a month after the Abu Dhabi race. This is a delay that some in the sport find inexplicable, even allowing for Christmas.

The impression is that the FIA was initially working under the belief that the issue would go away as time passed. Hamilton's indirect intervention this week has dismissed that idea for good.

The impression is that the FIA was initially working under the belief that the issue would go away as time passed. Hamilton's indirect intervention this week has dismissed that idea for good.

Brogan ,Pretty much what we’ve been saying on here for the past month.

lets get 2021 fixed, the title was won by outside interference, rules dont allow this so annul the race, the season , no one can win this internal fight, so best to annul and move on

The article is waffle until it states:

How can the FIA and F1 retain any sense of credibility after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and give enough incentive for Hamilton to return?
There appears to be only one answer: Masi has to be fired.

Which I think is worse than waffle. Of course there isn't only one answer. If Hammy and Mercedes are using their clout to A) ensure something meaningful is done to restore credibility and B) to further emphasise their importance (both driver and team) to the continued credibility of F1; then there are many possible answers, and firing Masi doesn't have to be one of them.

As we've discussed on this forum already there's plenty of potential rule changes that could serve well to ensure things run more smoothly in the event of a late safety car etc etc, and if they also feel the need to fire someone, and if it is Masi, that would be secondary to the rule changes. Stoopid article.

Forbes is a US media company probably best known for its lists of Billion and millionaires, looking at its "Who we Are" blurb it seems to be a woke media company and has no specific interest in F1, so probably can be ignored, unless you are a Twitter user or an internet trawler you will probably not heard of this company except when the rich lists are published in the Sun and associated red tops, so best ignored

The Belgian/Dutch driver reveals his new helmet for the season.
5E5C2AFE-E90F-4148-87F3-62F108411301.jpeg

Latest non developments.

If Masi is sacked then that confirms the result is effectively invalid.
i dont think thats what you want to hear. its actually i think doing all the things that shouldve been done a while ago after Charlie Whiting passing & the fact masi who is wildly inexperienced in F1 is doing the job of 3 people. also in the article it is similar to my views that he made a mistake but there many extenuating circumstances that led to that outcome. i really dont like red bull & mercedes pleading innocent in all this because as much as masi lost his head so did the teams that were on radio badgering & taking valuable thinking time away from masi

introduce a series of safeguards that will leave the race director freer to make decisions in a calmer environment

Masi made a series of operational errors in the closing laps at Yas Marina that were contrary to the rules and accepted protocols - and there remain serious questions about his future in the role. At the same time, it has been accepted that the Australian was left exposed, isolated and under too much pressure in the final laps of the race.

Last edited:
Reading that,it looks like the plan is as follows:

If a team has an issue they will contact the race operations manager.

The race operations manager will then contact the assistant director of race operations.

The assistant director of race operations will then contact the director of race operations.

The director of race operations will contact the assistant race director.

The assistant race director will contact the race director.

The race director may, or may not be Michael Masi.

A decision may or may not be made.

cider_and_toast, If that system is accepted then it will still be passing up and down long after the race should have finished, the winner therefore may or may not be the winner and there may not be any cars moving at the finish, there may not even have been a race :whistle: LOL

cider_and_toast, If that system is accepted then it will still be passing up and down long after the race should have finished, the winner therefore may or may not be the winner and there may not be any cars moving at the finish, there may not even have been a race :whistle: LOL
I think that's the plan.

Don't forget that any decisions which are made will then need to be fed back down the chain.
And don't forget they are also proposing a different structure for the stewards.

If we're lucky we may get a decision some time around 2036

I'd love it if F1/the FIA sacks Masi and keeps the same result and then Masi sues them for unfair dismissal.

F1 and the FIA can't have it both ways.

Back
Top Bottom