The best looking cars in motorsport (outside of F1)

FB said:
My all time favourite car of all time...

s06_ren_alpine_a110_69_01.jpg

Nice.

This is my similarly named favourite car ever ever ever. (If Mrs Muddy ever reads this, I still want one!)
car_photo_265059_7.gif

No decent racing/rallying pictures to suit this thread though, they just don't seem to look as good in competition spec...

CRW_1553.jpg

I see that someone beat me to it! -Yes, it's the very same car.
Then again, I always prefer action over the potential for it...

But for retro, can anyone beat this Alfa? - Very few could at the time!

Brogan:
Aah... Alfas and Astons...

Clearly you have taste.
More pure passion than Porsches; more ferocity than the fieriest Ferraris...
I am very fortunate to have owned and driven a few of all four!

The original GT40. Has Ford made a better car?

It just shows what a company can do when "beat Ferrari" becomes the prime objective LOL

cider_and_toast said:
This must come close?

The performance of that car was scary.
I recall seeing a modified one which could go from standstill to 100mph and back to standstill in 6 seconds! :o

RS200.jpg

Ahhhh the RS200.

Trouble was it only ever raced the once in the WRC because it was as the same event that a fatal crash caused all Group B rally cars to be banned.

Ford must have gone ape at the amount of money they had to spend to design and build 200 of those LOL

Awesome car though :thumbsup:

2 More Rally Cars.

The first, I can't believe I can't believe we haven't posted on here yet.

The Audi Qutro Turbo.

And the second is perhaps one of BL's most underated cars let down as always by the woeful build quality of the initial cars thanks to the usual "difficult" late 70's workforce issues. I've always wanted to own one of these after my uncle had one when I was about 10.

I give you The Rover SD1 Vittesse.

Audi.jpgSD1.jpg

The title of the thread is best looking cars in motorsport though.
I'm not sure the Rover SD1 qualifies on both counts :D

Brogan said:
I'm not sure the Rover SD1 qualifies on both counts :D

"Beauty is in the eye of the Beerholder"

LOL

I still love her and don't care what any one thinks ;)

toyotagtp475jpg.jpg

The Toyota GTP back when they dominated IMSA in the early 90's.............

penske94.jpg

1994: The year the Captain(a/k/a Roger Penske) absolutely dominated at the Brickyard in the month of May. Using a loophole in the USAC rules for that year's Indy 500, they brought three cars, each w/a 209ci push-rod Mercedes engine(the Mercedes-Benz 500I) that "technically" passed USAC rules(much to the chagrin of Ford-Cosworth, Chevrolet, HPD, TRD, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, USAC, etc.,.......). Suffice it to say, they dominated the 500 w/"Little Al" Unser, Jr. winning his second 500. :D

USAC's response.......they closed the loophole for next year's 500 in near-record time; none of the Captain's entries qualified for the 500 the following year(1995)...... :givemestrength: :givemestrength: :o

fontana2001.jpg

Say what you want about F1........at least they've got different manufacturers, something AOWR doesn't have(and really hasn't for years.........another Tony George legacy. :censored: :censored:

If there were ever any manufacturers who dominated AOWR over the past decade, it were the twin titans of HPD(Honda Performance Development) and TRD(Toyota Racing Development) who, w/budgets a tenth' or so of their F1 brethren were able to succeed(as opposed to their F1 counterparts..... ;) ).

cider_and_toast said:

It just shows what a company can do when "beat Ferrari" becomes the prime objective LOL

Not in the sports-car world, C_A_T.....though their 2010 Ford GT comes close. Very, very close. :)

Nowadays its' "beat Chevrolet", especially since Ford seems to have a fair shot this year of beating the bow-tie brigade at LeMans in the 24 hours(even though the dreaded Corvette C-6R's still in GT-1, it's not Corvette Racing running them in that category.........)

You utter bastards, getting in there with all my faves beforehand.... bahhh saw the title and thought GT40, Jag, Aston, Delta Integrale and you've all pipped me to the post, so all I can humbly offer are the......

You might recognise this one

Porsche_959_Rally_Dakar.jpg

yes it's a racing car

fs_hanscoba_large.jpg

Patrick+Dempsey+Races+Charity+Le+Mans+24+Hours+-cW23CPXyTql.jpg

aston-martin-lmp1-2009-titel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom