Movies The Best film you've ever seen?

Don't know about Man On Fire but I've just finished watching Man On Wire.

I'd seen it before but even watching it again creates the same intensity of gobsmackingliness factor as it did first time around.

And the man himself Philipe Petit during the bits when he's being interviewed sounds even more like an absolute total nutter than the actor who plays him.
manonawire.jpg

Two of my favourite films to watch around Christmas time are "It's A Wonderful Life" and "Harvey".

Both star James Stewart.

Which reminds me. I think my all-time favourite film is "Rear Window", staring James Stewart and Grace Kelly. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

I'm addicted to "Independence Day". Total rubbish, but such a feel good film, I love it. For Christmas I love "Polar Express".
Others I can't miss are "Where Eagles Dare" and ... "The Fog"

Where Eagles Dare .... loved that film since I was a kid ... "Broadsword calling Danny Boy" ... Richard Burton ... man could act topped up with two bottles of scotch in him for 140 minutes ...

Michael Mann has directed some of my favourite films ... Heat ... The Insider ... but hands down ... The Last of the Mohicans is a superb film, excellent atmospheric score ... DDL honing his craft ...

Just watched Lawrence of Arabia last night.

It HAS to be one of the all-time greats because it held my attention through the entire FOUR HOURS! The amazing cinematography alone makes it worth watching , and that doesn't even mention all of the great actors that appear in it.

We watched Hitchcock's Rebecca again on Friday afternoon, it has to be amongst the best films ever, together with Rear Window (as above).

I have the DVD of Harvey and may well watch it this afternoon.

Drive.

I went in with expectations of a film catered more towards women, it is a little bit but overall I liked it a lot. A small cast but each character has substance, the story doesn't try overcomplicate itself and the film has a very cool 'feel' to it. The soundtrack contributes to this greatly, sounds very 80s electro even though all the music was all made after 2007.

Well worth a watch.

Not a great film by any means but just watched Oblivion (again).
It's cheesy, got Tom Cruise in it, and it's full of massive plot holes you could fly a TET through, but still enjoyable nonetheless.

I'm not sure this counts as "TheBest Film I Ever Saw...", but a film I saw last night, on DVD type media thingy,

was called >>

The Manchurian Candidate. Starring Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep.

At first I thought; "I'm not a Mancunian". But then I re-read the title...

The film was quite good. A bit of a mind ****. And Denzel Washington was quite good...
And the film has Robyn Hichcock in it..! :)

Aparantly, my Dad has seen the 60's original and he even stayed awake through most of this recent re-make... :sleeping:

Seriously, if you haven't seen this film before, I recommend that you watch this film.

Let Meryl **** with yoiur head...

The best..I don't know, but among the best I remember "V for Vendetta", "Pulp fiction", "I cento passi"(Italian film by Marco Tullio Giordana)

12 Years a Slave is just stunning, American Hustle is great entertainment, The Wolf of Wall Street is massively overrated. Haven't seen Gravity yet...

Back
Top Bottom