The 2012 Calendar

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
From 2012 no longer will we see the majestic curve that is turn 8 in Istanbul but don't fret, Valencia is still on the calendar :rolleyes: (the only race I've not minded missing in over 25 years)

Although in it's place F1 returns to The USA with the inaugural GP at the *gag* Circuit of the Americas (shall we just call it Austin?)

It's nice to see the final race back in Brazil

Here is the provisional calendar (have we all got sky yet?) and there better be something else on in August (not the Olympics) or I fear we shall all go doolally

18 March            Australian GP
25 March Malaysian GP
15 April Chinese GP
22 April Bahrain GP
13 May Spanish GP
27 May Monaco GP
10 June Canada GP
24 June European GP
8 July British GP
22 July German GP
29 July Hungarian GP
2 September Belgian GP
9 September Italian GP
23 September Singapore GP
7 October Japanese GP
14 October Korean GP
28 October Indian GP
4 November Abu Dhabi GP
18 November US GP
25 November Brazilian GP

FInally we have good (and planned) season opener and close. And the Spanish GP is on my birthday cue heavy, heavy hinting to the other half (dammit that's usually Monaco weekend!).

I can't add to what you've said about Turkey.

August though... :o

Why couldn't Tilke have built that fantastic circuit at a place that has the money "potential fanbase" like China or Abu Dhabi?! :givemestrength:

Great to see a good open and end to the season again though

Sad to see the end of The Turkish Grand Prix, one has to wonder what the future of the circuit is going to be. Anyone know about Turkish motorsport? They may try and get MotoGP or WSBK back though, I seem to remember the MotoGP races there were brilliant. Would be a shame if a good track like that just wasted away.

Im slightly wishing the GP season ended in europe. Then que me asking for lots of money for by birthday and spending the weekend celabrating by watching Cars go rund in circles being deafened and knowing by luck (and time of year) cold wet but still very happy :).

i remember a while ago starting a tread about how GP is too much and i think i said 20, but jeez that is looking congested. And what a damn shame Turkey is no more, With advent of modern techonlogy and reports of old countires wanting to get invovled again can't we just replicate the track somewhere else where somebody will actually turn up to it??

Im slightly wishing the GP season ended in europe. Then que me asking for lots of money for by birthday and spending the weekend celabrating by watching Cars go rund in circles being deafened and knowing by luck (and time of year) cold wet but still very happy :).

i remember a while ago starting a tread about how GP is too much and i think i said 20, but jeez that is looking congested. And what a damn shame Turkey is no more, With advent of modern techonlogy and reports of old countires wanting to get invovled again can't we just replicate the track somewhere else where somebody will actually turn up to it??
Mainly turn 8 :)

Damn - gonna miss the Turkish GP next season. Turn 8 is probably one of my fav's on the calendar after Eau Rouge at Spa. Plus the straight between turns 11 and 12 is so good for overtaking. God damn it Bernie bring Turkey back for 2013 please.

Also 5 week gap :(. The 4 week gap was bad enough this year, so don't know who everyone will cope with a 5 week gap.

Happy to see Austraila been rewarded with the chance to open the season again, it just doesn't seem right that any other race should these days. Also very happy to see Brazil close the season, now i'm expecting a close championship battle so we can end the 2012 season on a high (so please RB make a car thats bad).

Reading the gossip column on Autosport.com, it seems that this calendar shouldn't necessarily be considered 'final' either - both Spanish races and the Belgian one may still be under threat, while Turkey isn't definitely, definitely gone either. In particular, don't book any flights or accommodation to Barcelona just yet.

If you want to know any more than that you'd better subscribe. :)

No Istanbul, No Fun!

Or, no turn 8, no fun... I wonder if Tilke's turns 10 and 11 at India, or 16, 17, 18 in Texas can go some way to mimic/replace it :dunno:

We'll soon find out.

CTA t8.JPG

Grizzly, I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

Tilke's new tracks all have something similar to turn 8, talk about being a one trick pony...

Well to be fair to him, IMO and I’m sure I’m not alone, it’s the best corner he's ever designed and, probably the best corner of any modern F1 circuit. Implanting it in his newest tracks is the best thing he could do tbh.

Hmmmm, I fly to the US on the 3rd June for a holiday, wonder if the Mrs would agree to a quick trip up to Canada a few days later......:thinking:

I fly home on the 5th July, just in time to spend my 40th Birthday at Silverstone watching the GP :yesss:

Canis - I'd try the "can we go to the Canadian Grand Prix for my 40th birthday" tactic - followed by "I'm only 40 once"

:)

Back
Top Bottom