The 2012 Calendar

Canis - I'd try the "can we go to the Canadian Grand Prix for my 40th birthday" tactic - followed by "I'm only 40 once"

You obviously have more experience than me at this ;)

Silverstone is a given every year, mainly as I live about 10 minutes away (even taking into account race day traffic), so the other half has realised that if I am at home when the GP is on then I will be going no matter what :) The problem comes with taking time out of the first part of our honeymoon to make a small diversion from Florida to Canada for a long weekend. Might be pushing it too far? :whistle:

Honeymoon! thought it was just a holiday dude! Might be pushing it a bit on the honeymoon - unless you can find something in Montreal that she's want to see too!

They will need elevation to work though, and perhaps a smidgen of adverse camber.
I heard somewhere - I think it was f1 racing mag. - that turns 16, 17 and 18 at Austin were going to be downhill, from Tavo Hellmund (the USGP guy)

I heard somewhere - I think it was f1 racing mag. - that turns 16, 17 and 18 at Austin were going to be downhill, from Tavo Hellmund (the USGP guy)

Here's the 3D rendering. Doesn't show massive elevation change and i guess any camber there may be won't be rendered...
austin-f1-circuit-3d-rendering.png

According to the calendar published in this months Motorsport Magazine it would seem Turkey is officialy off the menu for 2012.

Looking at the 3D rendering of the Austin circuit, apart from the bizarre angle of climb from the start finish line to the first corner (that can't be right surely?) does anyone think that first turn is trying to match Druids at Brands?

Hmm, we'll see. McLaren might not need the extra money, but I reckon plenty of other teams wouldn't say no. Particularly if the 21st race is in the potentially lucrative top-right-hand side of America...

Yeah I can see it going to 22 if its North American races. then they'd have 2 teams of Mechanics he cover 11 races each.

On another thought do you think they'll run the Canadian and New Jersey GPS as a back to back thing? Or at least next to each other in the Cal? makes more sense than doing it with Austin!

Yeah I can see it going to 22 if its North American races. then they'd have 2 teams of Mechanics he cover 11 races each.

On another thought do you think they'll run the Canadian and New Jersey GPS as a back to back thing? Or at least next to each other in the Cal? makes more sense than doing it with Austin!
Apparently they will (run them back-to-back)

At what point would it be more cost effective to have 22 races and, maybe, two teams to cover eleven races each than to have 20 races with one set of mechanics, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom