The 2011 cars

I've just checked the regulations - under 3.18.1:

"The incidence of the rearmost and uppermost closed section described in Article 3.10.2 may be varied whilst the car is in motion provided :
[...]
The design is such that failure of the system will result in the uppermost closed section returning to the normal high incidence position."

Are HRT running the movable rear wing? Because I cannot foresee a situation where they will be overtaking anybody!

From what I've read they have the collapsing wing but no KERS.

So far the FIA intend to allow teams to operate the moveable wing in a 600 metre zone at the end of the main straight of each circuit subject to experiements at the first four GP of the year?

To aid the layman in knowing where this zone will be it's intended that the track will be painted with a single line to mark the start of the zone and a double line to mark the end.

Any one think of tracks where this isn't practical? Ok, the slotted wing is designed to create a speed differential but the first corner on several tracks isn't exactly the ideal place to overtake.

I don't think "main straight" necessarily means "start-finish straight" in this case. At Silverstone, for example, it would make more sense to have the zone on the Hangar Straight. Similarly at Abu Dhabi or Istanbul it wouldn't be a logical place.

I don't think "main straight" necessarily means "start-finish straight" in this case. At Silverstone, for example, it would make more sense to have the zone on the Hangar Straight. Similarly at Abu Dhabi or Istanbul it wouldn't be a logical place.

Good point well made, That was my misinterpretion of the article.

Does Monaco have a 'main straight'? I can't think of anywhere it will come in useful around there.

I would have thought the only area at Monaco where you could use it would be coming through the tunnel and into the chicane perhaps.

Does Monaco have a 'main straight'? I can't think of anywhere it will come in useful around there.
There's a bit of a blast after the chicane at the exit of the tunnel... wonder if it's long enough tho. Or maybe....*evil grin*.... they could activate it in the tunnel itself....

Under that sheet is a Mclaren that is as radical as the Tyrell P34, as stunning in looks as the Lotus 79 and as dominant as the Mclaren MP4/9.............

please.gif

Oh wait, no it's just last years car with the odd bit of carbon firbe moved here and there.
frown.gif

Wellington Straight?

can it only be used once per lap?

Back
Top Bottom