Spain Will Be Fascinating For McLaren

McFerrari

Rookie
Really looking forward to seeing how McLaren will perform next week at the Circuit De Catalunya. They were 2 seconds of the pace there in pre season and I wonder the how smaller the margin is now? In Bahrain the McLaren showed good pace but whether they'll be as fast as they were their remains to be seen. However to see the fairly quick progress the team have made is really good to see. We thought that they were the one top team who would take the longest to get a win, if any. Still wins look off the cards, but they're getting nearer that's for sure and they are the nearest out of the 2008's top teams. And to say that just 2 months after that awful pre season is quite astounding on McLaren's part and should be applauded. If you are to have your problems it is best to have had them in pre season as Renault, Ferrari and BMW Sauber wished they had.

McLaren certainly seem to have progressed quicker than Ferrari and Renault.

I am tracking the performance this season via the fastest laps, which is about the only method there is of tracking relative progress.

You can see the current stat's here: Car development monitor

Hopefully after the teams have applied the major upgrades planned we should be able to see the effect.

The new "upgraded" Ferrari has been spotted...

ferrarif70.png

Fat Bloke said:

ferrarif70.png

I know it's fake but that is ******* ghastly!! Even if it was a championship winner, Dick Dastardly wouldn't be that desperate to race that.

Fat Bloke said:

ferrarif70.png

Are you sure that is Fake.........Ferrari have been a little crazy at the moment

I dont think it will be so fascinating to see McLaren but more to see how others have progressed, Who got the biggest and best updates, anyone going backwards because of them or lack of.
Baiscally Im trying to say it will be intresting to see where everyone is in Spain

Well the First two pratice sessions wen't really that intresting. Renault seemed to of made a move forwards, BMW who big noises have been bade about the upgrades have remained static and stuck a backmarkers. And Mclaren seemed to backwards a little after getting some top 10's and looking re-gaining some of that ground. But Overall not much has changed since the fly away races

But the second session was a little suprising and fascinating. Ferrari and to an extent BMW seemed to come out of no-where and all of a sudden there updates seems to be working, Espially in Ferraris case being 4 tenths quicker then the Brawn. What does this mean. have Ferrari and BMW in Kubica's case got there updates working and are showing there potential pace? Or is it just a tatic to put a spanner in the works and give the usual 09 fromtrunners a 'squeaky-bum' moment, I wouldn't see what the avantage was for the latter. It leaves a lot of unawnsered questions for the rest and most important part of the weekend. I wonder what the rest of you guys make of it. A little fuss bout nothing or should brawn Redbull etc. be worried about the Ferrari's pace.

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
Ferrari seemed to come out of no-where and all of a sudden there updates seems to be working, Espially in Ferraris case being 4 tenths quicker then the Brawn. I wonder what the rest of you guys make of it. A little fuss bout nothing or should brawn Redbull etc. be worried about the Ferrari's pace.

Nope cos they'll manage to balls up quali all by themselves ;)

Speshal - do you have a crystal ball? Poor old Kimi, it just isn't going for him is it and then the BBC run an article entitled "Wary Raikkonen Ponders F1 future" which couldn't be further from the truth when you listen to the interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 041530.stm

What do you reckon to Massa pitting on lap 5 - his car has to be very light.

Back
Top Bottom