Sky F1 2012

I am MIGHTILY relieved to hear Sky F1 will be on Virgin Media, although it's not going to be available on HD, but it is better than nothing, and indeed better than BBC

I will upgrade to HD which will cost me an additional £10.00 per month on my subscription. I think it's worth it.

TOP TIP

A word of advice for anyone doing the HD upgrade with SKY. I did this 3 years ago and was surprised by how quickly the SKY+ fills up compared to the SD box. The reason for this is the HD programs take up 5 times more space.

But there is a solution. Go for the 1 Terrabyte HD box, I did this last year, much better, bags of storage even for HD programs.
Its worth the extra money. Oh yes and always look around for a deal and offers, even ask them on the phone what deals they have.

I used to wok with someone that updated their HD box to connect to a 6terrabyte raid array with hotswappable drives. He had spares available so if he ever ran out of room he just swapped out a drive and put a new one in, meant he never had to delete anything to make space, but his sky setup cost him in excess of £5k to get up an running :dizzy:

Brilliant, so on a race weekend I will be glued to the TV the whole entire day.
Time to get that LazyBoy recliner with the fridge in the arm rest me thinks. :D

I need to think of ways to persuade someone at home to get Sky HD!!! It's a shame that the BBC have lost the full coverage, but it looks like Sky are really giving it the full treatment.

Trail of chocolate to a Sky HD poster and a phone, blackmail*, sad "I'm all alone abroad" face, torture*... the options are endless!

* please don't call the police, I'm not insane... yet.

I need to think of ways to persuade someone at home to get Sky HD!!! It's a shame that the BBC have lost the full coverage, but it looks like Sky are really giving it the full treatment.

Trail of chocolate to a Sky HD poster and a phone, blackmail*, sad "I'm all alone abroad" face, torture*... the options are endless!

* please don't call the police, I'm not insane... yet.

A £40 per month subscription is cheaper than going to Silverstone.

It's certainly getting less relevant to estimate the sky cost per F1 race - I hope the quality measures up to the content!

They're coverage was quite good aswell! I remember last year there was a rain delay in Brazil, like in Canada and they kept with it all the way, and it was cancelled and they showed the race the next day as well when it was re scheduled!

Back
Top Bottom