Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

That girl is a proper wally if you ask me. Then, Lewis doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box sometimes. He needs some clever folks around him, not airheads with wacky American beauty pageant physchology.

To be perfectly honest when Lewis first burst on the scene I never thought in a million years that he was as emotionaly vunerable as he is. He slayed Alonso mentally with his sense of purpose and at that time it looked like he was cool as a cumber on the outside and steel on the inside - a Terminator 8-)(ignore the bubble gum - we're talking shades here).

Then along comes a pussycat doll and he malfunctions.:sick:

(2012) "I'LL BE BACK". :D

:givemestrength:I dont think its pussycat doll. He's always been vulnerable. Confident but vulnerable. People just chose to see it differently and call him arrogannt and spoilt. It bothers him what people say. And thats what gets to him, specially when its untrue and unfair. On Alonso, it was Lewis' speed that finished him off. he couldnt believe a rookie went faster.
Still, with pussycat doll gone, he'll have even more time to work on racing . Maybe he'll also have to sart a bit of that sneaky, snake-in the grass stuff.:disappointed: he wont be good at that.

I find it rather odd, that despite the objections to the press and their speculation about Lewis, his relationships and his mind set, that it still continues here.

Surely, if nothing else, this would indicate a desire, however small, and from however few, to hear said speculation?

To be perfectly honest when Lewis first burst on the scene I never thought in a million years that he was as emotionaly vunerable as he is. He slayed Alonso mentally with his sense of purpose and at that time it looked like he was cool as a cumber on the outside and steel on the inside - a Terminator 8-)(ignore the bubble gum - we're talking shades here).

Then along comes a pussycat doll and he malfunctions.:sick:

(2012) "I'LL BE BACK". :D

I think it is part of human nature and Hamilton is no different really. I’d call him sensitive rather than emotionally vulnerable. An emotionally vulnerable driver would not have broken Redbull’s stranglehold on pole position or kept his concentration for 30odd laps whilst being chased down by arguably a faster car, after the events of the previous weekend. If there was something bothering Hamilton in Korea, it certainly didn't affect his racing. I have my own theory on drivers who would’ve descended into mediocrity if placed under this level of pressure with a red car and a certain Brazilian closely linked.

Now Jackie Stewart is the next in line to have a dig at Hamilton. He criticised Hamilton's overtaking skill, saying "even a blind man" wouldn't have attempted the pass that Hamilton tried on Massa at Monza 2010. Why is he dredging up failed overtakes from over a year ago. A bit of a sad comment from JYS, if you've got nothing to say keep schtum and don't take crap about irrelevant facts.

:givemestrength:I dont think its pussycat doll. He's always been vulnerable. Confident but vulnerable. People just chose to see it differently and call him arrogannt and spoilt.

Arrogance is a quality that black athletes seem to be accused of having throughout the world, especially here in the states.

I think it is part of human nature and Hamilton is no different really. I’d call him sensitive rather than emotionally vulnerable. An emotionally vulnerable driver would not have broken Redbull’s stranglehold on pole position or kept his concentration for 30odd laps whilst being chased down by arguably a faster car, after the events of the previous weekend. If there was something bothering Hamilton in Korea, it certainly didn't affect his racing. I have my own theory on drivers who would’ve descended into mediocrity if placed under this level of pressure with a red car and a certain Brazilian closely linked.

:thankyou::thankyou:

I’ve put Hamilton in my top five because of his speed and there was a time when I admired his skills of overtaking. But the attempted pass he made in last year’s Italian Grand Prix, going into the second chicane with Massa… Even a blind man wouldn’t have gone there.

JYS on the Motorsport website and, presumably, in the magazine this month.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/f1/opinion/stepping-into-the-editor’s-shoes…/

JYS doesn't seem to like anyone who tries to overtake. Ayrton put him in his place!

Slightly off topic.

It's also noticeable in the same Motorsport article where JYS names his top five of all time that he does not include Schumacher and Senna, He gives no real reason as to why he doesn't include Senna but he says of Schumacher that he was superb at building a team around him containing all the right people however he believes that Schumacher wasn't a great driver in his own right.

Back on topic.

Yes Hamilton has made a lot of mistakes this year but to be placed below Webber, which JYS says he considered, is a bit off the mark. (if you'll pardon the pun)

Hamilton has collected his 9th? penalty of the season after receiving a 3 place grid drop for ignoring double waved yellows in FP1 at the Indian GP.

Then there are all the other incidents which were investigated but no further action taken.

This really has been the season from hell for him and a lot of the time it's just been a case of wrong place at the wrong time.

It certainly has been an error strewn year for Hamilton. The trouble is, in almost every case he's been (when viewed in the cold light of day) guilty as charged.

It's then much the same as it is for some football players, (Paul Gascgoine and Vinnie Jones spring to mind) they may not be no more or no less guilty than others but the minute they walk on to the pitch the Ref is always looking in their direction a little more often expecting that player to foul.

Two drivers missed the double waved yellows in this case so at least Hamilton had someone with him on the naughty step as well.

The 2011/12 close season will be a vital time in Hamiltons career. Time to get away from F1 for a bit and get his mojo back. Come back in the new year and start again. This will be his biggest test now because as we know, greatness comes not in never falling but in how you get back up after you fall.

Back
Top Bottom