Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

It'll make him jump ship for Ferrari all the quicker. Its only a matter of time imho. Unless of course he wins the championship.

I can't see Lewis ever going to Ferrari. I think he would hate it. He certainly won't at the moment.

Indy car or back to Mclaren yes by Ferrari no.

Joining Ferrari did wonders for Alonso's career and seems to be having the same effect on Vettel's.

Personally I think there'd be something great about watching Hamilton in a Ferrari but I don't think it will happen.

Did anyone else catch the roar from the Malaysian crowd when Hamilton's engine let go? Must have been a high number of Aussies in the stands.

If Hammy does go to Ferrari im not sure it would have a great effect on his career either. Impossible to say.

Ferrari want Hamilton, and I don't think Red Bull do. I believe Ferrari have kept Raikonnen partly to be able to free up a place whenever they are able to, for Hammy. Where else will he go when Mercedes start to fade? He'll be offered unseemly riches, and will already have possibly four WDCs. Nothing to lose I reckon, and maybe everything to gain. Like his move to Mercedes.

Very interesting article cider_and_toast, especially the amazing stat:

"...Rosberg was quicker than Hamilton once the car’s set up had been re-configured after the disaster of Singapore. Up until then Hamilton had out-qualified Rosberg 12-1. Afterwards Rosberg out-qualified Hamilton 6-0"

However, a performance drop due to a particular driving style, and repeated engine failures are two very different things. Do we surmise that there is a link between the set-up changes, Lewis' driving style and his blow-ups?

I don't follow - date is irrelevant. The bet is 'Will Hamilton drive for Ferrari?'

I bet yes and wager anything up to £10 with anything up to ten people. There you have it. Even money.

OK I will take that bet. Although your rules mean it's technically impossible for me to be declared the winner. Has to be a full race seat in the F1 team mind.

Ah I see RasputinLives, he may come back to race for Ferrari after a 15 year hiatus! Ok, so until he officially FIRST retires from F1 is fine by me. ie: if he does a Schumacher and comes back after a few years to race for Ferrari, then you will have already won the bet because he's retired once.

I'm not sure what to do if he takes a one-year sabbatical to then race for Ferrari, who would win the bet then? Maybe the bet is void only in that instance - how does that sound?

A full race seat yes.

If that works for you then we have a bet.

Back
Top Bottom