Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I don't see what The Artist's comment has to do with Lewis considering that he doesn't even mention him. Whilst it may be a new team for Lewis, it's still the same team for Mercedes who have been pretty poor this season despite winning a race and even dropping a place in the constructors table from previous seasons which haven't been very good either.
It may be good to be positive but realistically the current Mercedes team haven't given anyone much to be positive about based on their recent performance.

Er, Hello :dunno: Ang just said she was looking forward to the new combo next year. No one's defending Lewis, perish the thought. What's to defend? I'm just saying lets see how things pan out. Might be good,might be bad, but some of us are excited about the possibilities. No need to rubbish the team before it even gets started.

They may be changing 1 race driver but the 2013 Mercedes team will be largely the same as the 2012 Mercedes team so it's not like rubbishing a new team. It's commenting on a continuing team based on their current performance.
I like many others am interested to see how Lewis and Mercedes futures pan out, but as Lewis himself doesn't expect to be winning races in 2013 I think it's pretty fair to criticize the team as they are now.

Just reading Hamilton's Wikipedia page...

And I have learnt that Hamilton was nearly signed by Williams in 2004(!), however the deal was stopped as BMW wouldn't fund Hamilton's racing career, and of course he resigned with McLaren. You learn something everyday, I bet Mario Theissen regrets that move, as does Frank Williams for partnering with a bunch of boardmembers.

What could have been... :thinking:

@Bill Boddy no I don't think it's ok to rubbish Perez either. Give the guy a chance!!

@viscount it isn't just a new driver at Mercedes. There are a lot of high profile new signings to the team, the ones the Artist referred to, some of them are only just taking up their posts.

The Artist..... May have been putting down the Mercedes team but he was not putting down Lewis, I can see how some people could link that to Lewis's decision to join a team that has under performed (Given their budget.) to his lack of instinct but I will reserve judgement on that until the story plays out.

After all it could turn out to be a very shrewd move, but may I say please do not put words into posters mouths as the artists does have a valid point....

No one has suggested The Artist was putting Lewis down as far as I'm aware. The discussion was about the team he is joining, so I'm not sure what you mean by putting words in his mouth?
Yes, It could be a shrewd move Lewis has made, I hope it is, but on the other hand It might not work out. That's why I said lets at least give the team a chance. It's a fickle business is F1.

No one outright said what your post suggests, but it was there none the lest, when people write, much more can be read between the lines than what is actually written.

Example.

You implied.

"Why do you feel the need to put down Lewis' new team before he even starts there?"

And from that.

I inferred that.

You took The Artist..... comments to be a slur on Lewis.....

Which it wasn't...

It was an incorrect inference. How can negative comments on Mercedes be interpreted as a slur on Lewis? He hasn't even started there yet. If anything is wrong with Mercedes it can be nothing to do with Lewis. And to suggest I meant that is most definitely putting words in my mouth.

Hamilton's decision can someone like, some do not.
But the fact that it added intrigue next season:
- As Hamilton will show itself in a new team, new challenges
- As Button will show itself in the role of first violin against a young but early Mexican

Prior to the publication of the decision to move was hoping that Hamilton will be in the team. Nevertheless, this move - the right decision, because there has been some stagnation in the team itself, and in the career of Hamilton. Ie there is hope that move Hamilton to Mercedes will benefit both pilot and McLaren.

P.S. There is a peculiar fellow, called the transition Hamilton betrayal. But I think this is nonsense.

Not that I ever watch X-Factor (I think I've attempted to excuse myself with that line before), but Nicole Scherzinger's duet performance with only one microphone after hers failed and the teamwork with her co-performer was reminiscent of Lewis Hamilton's 5 wheel pit-stop this year. LOL

Lewis was given the chance to talk to the team at McLaren before he finally left. He explained his reasons.his need to see F1 from outside of McLaren and to grow as a person and a driver. He said Mclaren is his home and if they'll have him, he may be back sometime in the future, but for now, the right thing is to move on. Hamilton was given a three foot model of his championship winning car. A champagne reception was held and Lewis was given a standing ovation by the workforce.

Back
Top Bottom