Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

canis

Agree will almost all you have said.
& I hope LH does stay at McLaren & I don't think I have ever said otherwise....except maybe he would be good partnered with Kimi.

I have watched it agaiin........but BBC this time, though I have got some of it wrong, the points I made are the same.

Martin Brundle said on SKY.

That Vettel hadn't bettered Lewis' fast time...near the end of Q3
He couldn't understand why they didn't bring Hamilton in....

LH wasn't just behind Seb...Button was....LH must have been about 18 seconds? behind Vettel,
The pit entry just before the start finish line....?
He was pushing hard (when he brushed the wall near the last corner)......needlessly?
And I didn't say McLaren did the wrong thing getting him out again..., they could have brought him in when SV didn't better his time & Button was slower through the lap.
He could have just come in...without setting a time...didn't need to.
He didn't have the same tyres he was starting the race on, didn't realise that..didn't see it on TV?

You know Martin Brundle is just a commentator right? Very easy for him to say things after events when he has no idea of the full story. Aksi if you check the rule book all drivers in the top ten must start the race on the tyres they set their quickest time on in Q3. I'm pretty sure this has happened to many drivers on many occasions this season the a drivers final lap was not their quickest.

Bad luck for Lewis he did look set to close that championship gap. still lots of points to play for.

Just a point. Merc have had more DNFs this season than the Mclarens

Oh! but merc have the joker, in that they have the engines for 2014. Ross Brawn has admitted its taken him till now to get the right team around him. Lewis could be the icing on the cake!! And maybe the engine sold to Mclaren wont be quite as good as the works engine. Could merc be working towards 2014?? If Whitmarsh stays at McLaren, as it seems he is, Im not sure a move to Mercedes is such a bad thing for Lewis...a gamble, yes of course. But it could be a good gamble.
Lewis would have been right in there without that failure, and now Ferrari have better tracks coming up for them, so this year things now look bleak...not over, but bleak.

Slyboogy
The incentive for teams to produce a "works" engine and a lower spec "customer" engine has been removed because of the engine freeze - it really makes no sense for an engine manufacturer to simply produce two different specs of engines when they're not developing the engine any more. (It used to be the case that manufacturers would give their customer teams engines that were 1 or 2 specifications older than the works teams).... However, I'm not sure there's an explicit rule saying "all Mercedes must be the same spec" - just a logical rule...

Based on where things stand at the moment, I believe that lewis to McLaren makes sense for Mercedes more than lewis from a sporting perspective, although, there is possibly an element from Lewis something along the lines of the reason that Michael Schumacher went to a poorly performing Ferrari team in 96.

Slyboogy
The incentive for teams to produce a "works" engine and a lower spec "customer" engine has been removed because of the engine freeze - it really makes no sense for an engine manufacturer to simply produce two different specs of engines when they're not developing the engine any more. (It used to be the case that manufacturers would give their customer teams engines that were 1 or 2 specifications older than the works teams).... However, I'm not sure there's an explicit rule saying "all Mercedes must be the same spec" - just a logical rule...

It seems that an all the same spec engine, is something that smaller teams like Williams, Sauber, Force India, and Toro Rosa may try to demand.

I wonder if Honda may make another apperance again with Mclaren?

It is very probable that there will be only 3 engines on the grid for 2014 Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault, Cosworth most likely will not be developing an engine....

Ferrari are way ahead of the other two as they have already built an engine and it has already been on the dyno....

:oops: not really relevant to this thread soz,,,,

Anyone think Eddie's "Major annoncement Wednesday" has got anything to it? Wonder how Schumi feels about his future at the moment? If he does go before any news on Hamiltons future has been announced then all bets are off but on the strength of another strong weekend for both team and driver I have a hunch that those last couple of t's and j's will be crossed and dotted and a new Mclaren contract will be done and dusted.

My gut feeling is that a contract has already been done and dusted but with whom, if it were with McLaren then they would have announced it so that points to Mercedes as a good reason for not announcing it would be to wait for Schumacher to announce his retirement first......

Craig Pollock was the Pure outfit, I am fairly sure there has been an announcement that they have had to stop work for now at least, not sure if this is permanent or temporary though.

RasputinLives I read it on one of the update stories that pop up on the sidebar of this forum Cosworth do not think it will be financially viable to supply engines due to development costs, as they will be restricted on how much they can charge for supplying them....

To try and keep this on topic I think it would be best if Lewis was driving for a manufacturer and not a customer team and if you consider that Renault is basically only an engine supplier and want to supply more than half the grid, that leaves F1 with only two manufacturer teams which is an extremely sad state of affairs for F1.

F1ang-o Does'nt everything come down to Lewis somehow? ;)

Meanwhile..

I for one am waiting to see what announcements (if any) are made on Wednesday, as that could set a tone for the rest of the season, and hopefully answer some questions.

Back
Top Bottom