Single question quiz - winner poses the next question

Red Bull weren’t happy about hiring an inexperienced youngster so stopped sponsoring them (Sauber)? I’m sure I heard that rumour back then.

Red Bull weren’t happy about hiring an inexperienced youngster to stopped sponsoring them (Sauber)? I’m sure I heard that rumour back then.

Nah Red Bull wanted Sauber to hire Enrique Bernoldi but he hired Kimi instead, which caused RB to sell their majority share to Credit Suisse in protest.

Peter Sauber had to make a performance delivery promise because he only had 23 car races done at that point?
And wasn't he asleep 30 minutes before the race?

Correct and correct. Kimis licence was under probation due to him skipping F3000 to enter F1, so Sauber had to make a statement of Kimis performance ahead of the races, and had Kimi missed that he would have lost his licence and drive for the season.

Also, he fell asleep in the car on the grid ahead of his first race and had to be woken up by the engineers in order to finish the final race prep before the start, apparently the only driver to fall asleep on the track during what was technically a race period.

I read that he was asleep in some backroom in the garage? Ah well, the sleeping is what counts :P

Now, a question... Hmm...

What happened with Jean Todt's car on the very first day of testing in 1995 and who were driving it?

Back
Top Bottom