Poll Should Michael Masi resign?

Should Michael Masi resign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should Michael Masi resign?
yes most definately he made one of the most farsical decisions ever to be made in the history of f1 b ut i also think that the rules surrounding f1 racing guidelines also need to be changed so no driver can gain an advantage under safety car as they are not racing i think if a safety car is deployed there should be no pit stop or tyre changing during this period is it really fare that a driver should gain by this and then gain a second advantage by back markers who have unlaped themselves should have to move aside for a car witch has pitted for new tyres and i also think there should be a 90kph speed limiter fitted to all f1 cars witch can be implimented by the race director at the push of a button to keep the cars in there current possition until it is safe to release them and go racing again and this would takeaway any unfair advantages that could be gained ( lewis mate i really do feel for you ) .

He is solely responsible for a corrupt WDC title.
he's not solely responsible he is mostly, its obvious when he realised it could finish under safety car, the red flag should been shown on lap 56

but as i said at length on GP thread the ultra conservative, risk averse nature they have shown through the hybrid era. bit them like it did in hungary but this time much more at stake

he's not solely responsible he is mostly, its obvious when he realised it could finish under safety car, the red flag should been shown on lap 56

He was solely responsible for giving a driver who had been completely out driven on the day, another chance to win. He gave up his integrity so he could have last lap drama. Might as well change the name to Formula Netflix.

I do think that hearing Wolf and Horner like that was not good for F1 ...Masi is Public Enemy no 1 but Horner should stop doing these digs below the belt to Mercedes and Hamilton because it will bite him back one day. He does need to stop being a smug

I advocate in that situation he should have had someone like Alain Prost to help him out this is on the FIA why they did not pick a world champion driver to be on the stewards and help Masi out

Having watched Crofty giving his views on YouTube he has made some valid points about Masi's position. I think Masi could have put his foot down and turned off all incoming comms

Sky don't help with Horner never off the bloody airwaves.

I wish they would go around the garages and talk to other team personnel because anyone would think Red Bull are Sky's favourite team.

Masi must go. No confidence or credibility remains.

How to fix SC. Simple log the time delta at the start of any SC and red flag the race. Let all start again with new tyres but with the delta's adjusted on the finishing times.

VSC is OK if no tyre changes allowd as no-one wins or loses

Masi must go. No confidence or credibility remains.

How to fix SC. Simple log the time delta at the start of any SC and red flag the race. Let all start again with new tyres but with the delta's adjusted on the finishing times.

VSC is OK if no tyre changes allowd as no-one wins or loses
That was the old method the trouble was it got confusing to follow so they said start from the position of the last full lap

heres the question that i always ask but never in motorsport, normally after sheffield united or england sack there manager. If Masi goes who would we want to come in

its a very tough job, & their no point going down the same route as masi & getting someone inexpierenced otherwise we might as well keep masi with more expierence. so highly likely need to get someone from a different series. ie WEC Indycar Formula E

Surely one only wants someone intelligent and capable of reading the rules preferably with an interest in motorsport and without connections to any team, by applying the rules as they are written or looking at the rules and stating the interpretation for the season and sticking to it, any interpretation that has a problem, sort it out before the first race. Once promulgated every one will want their two penny's worth so the more vague interpretations can be sorted, prospective benign dictators please submit your CV to the FIA

heres the question that i always ask but never in motorsport, normally after sheffield united or england sack there manager. If Masi goes who would we want to come in

its a very tough job, & their no point going down the same route as masi & getting someone inexpierenced otherwise we might as well keep masi with more expierence. so highly likely need to get someone from a different series. ie WEC Indycar Formula E
Whoever puts in an application with the job experience so don't know if any ex drivers want the job

There will be someone who would want the job and say they will do it better than Masi

I don't know F1Brits_90, what I do know is
1. He's incredibly intelligent so would have no problem with the rule book and interpretation but as a former driver can add that level of discretion if needed
2. He can cope with pressure and has fast reactions (as with all F1 drivers) so he should be able to cope in these circumstances or with rapid decision making
3. He can be ruthless but has integrity - I don't think Horner or Wolff would have had a chance with the bully tactics
4. As a commentator and pundit he's been very fair and unbiased with his assessments, even when I don't like it, his logic has been nothing but sound

Why not?

yes most definately he made one of the most farsical decisions ever to be made in the history of f1 b ut i also think that the rules surrounding f1 racing guidelines also need to be changed so no driver can gain an advantage under safety car as they are not racing i think if a safety car is deployed there should be no pit stop or tyre changing during this period is it really fare that a driver should gain by this and then gain a second advantage by back markers who have unlaped themselves should have to move aside for a car witch has pitted for new tyres and i also think there should be a 90kph speed limiter fitted to all f1 cars witch can be implimented by the race director at the push of a button to keep the cars in there current possition until it is safe to release them and go racing again and this would takeaway any unfair advantages that could be gained ( lewis mate i really do feel for you ) .
Shoot me down if this is stupid, but surely the technology is there in F1 to establish the time gap between cars at the outset of the SC. Why can those times not be applied at the end of the race? I know it’s not ideal but why should a backmarker’s accident create a lottery for the leader?

Shoot me down if this is stupid, but surely the technology is there in F1 to establish the time gap between cars at the outset of the SC. Why can those times not be applied at the end of the race? I know it’s not ideal but why should a backmarker’s accident create a lottery for the leader?
In years gone by, the 1994 Japanese GP for example, when a race was suspended by a red flag and then restarted, the time gaps at the end of the previous full race lap before the red flag were added to the finishing times at the end of the race. That way, drivers weren't penalised for race suspensions.

Unfortunately, this was dropped as it was deemed too confusing for the viewers.

All crap of course.

Back
Top Bottom