Poll Whose F1 careers should end at the end of 2022?

Whose F1 careers should end at the end of 2022?

• Max Verstappen

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Sergio Perez

• Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • George Russell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charles Leclerc

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Carlos Sainz

• Daniel Ricciardo

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Lando Norris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Esteban Ocon

• Yuki Tsunoda

• Pierre Gasly

• Lance Stroll

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sebastian Vettel

• Zhou Guanyu

• Valtteri Bottas

• Mick Schumacher

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Kevin Magnussen

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Nicolas Latifi

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Alex Albon

• Total voters
i thought bottas would look better in a midfield team because it suits him, as weve seen in the mercedes he cant turn up every week. but in the alfa romeo have 3 or 4 good races & thats a good season

but we are kidding ourselves if we think Bottas is a top tier driver, he was in 2017 & 1st 4 races of 2019 were promising but since no chance. 2018 is best example of this when he came 5th in the same car that his team won the title with 11 wins & also his racecraft is poor as he 💩's himself every time there is a chance to overtake, Sochi, Monza, Sakhir etc

Last edited:
interesting the rumour in the paddock that Alpine have given some money to williams & piastri has been signed to replace latifi mid season. in my guess Hungary being Latifi final race

That doubles up as potentially if Piastri does a good enough job he will go to Williams or push Alonso out and at the same time outbid De Vries who's been the favourite to replace Latifi

That would help Williams maybe pass Haas in the constructors

There's also talk of Mercedes wanting to drop a customer team; and Alpine/Renault need another team for the engine.

There's also talk of Mercedes wanting to drop a customer team; and Alpine/Renault need another team for the engine.
Thanks for this news which would make sense for both parties seeing Williams have connection to both it is the obvious choice

It just shows how far Williams have fallen given they were a factory team with Renault engines and world champions

I never understood why Renault chose to go alone with Alpine.

Thanks for this news which would make sense for both parties seeing Williams have connection to both it is the obvious choice

It just shows how far Williams have fallen given they were a factory team with Renault engines and world champions

I never understood why Renault chose to go alone with Alpine.
It might make sense for Williams to change their engine partner; the Mercedes is apparently lacking in power - and even with a new ERS in Spa, is unlikely to vault them up the grid.

The gains that Ferrari have made are evident, with the factory team, Alfa, and Haas all showing much better turns of speed (And it seems to be drivability that drives the gains)

3 out of the 4 current models of Aston Martin are powered by Mercedes-AMG engines so I don't forsee a split between the Aston F1 team and Mercedes any time soon.

Mercedes engines are the basis of the Aston Martin road car engines, Renault have no high performance engines suitable for a super road car, so perhaps it will be Williams who drop out of the Merc club.

Last edited:
Mercedes are a major shareholder in Aston Martin (supposedly about 20%) so there is very little chance they will stop using the Merc engine. Maybe Fernando sees this as a route to Mercedes should Lewis pack it in after 2023?
it wouldnt surprise me. because alonso has said already age doesnt matter in F1 its the stopwatch. but he cant think he would be a serious consideration

he would be in 2024, the 4th oldest driver of the last 50 years, only beaten by Graham Hill, Michael Schumacher & Viotoria Brambilla. also 2 months older than Mario Andretti, 7 months older than Kimi & a year older than mansell

Looks like Fernando didn't get the memo.
I think this is tied to the question of why Ocon is still in a seat for next season. I've never understood why Ocon has been pushed so hard by first Mercedes, and now Alpine.

He has struck me as a second-rate driver in F1. He was absolutely humiliated by Ricciardo in 2020, who is now being shown up by Norris (Lando has four-times as many points as Daniel). As far as I'm concerned, the performance of Ocon against Alonso says more about Alonso's current level, rather than Ocon's.

I think this is tied to the question of why Ocon is still in a seat for next season. I've never understood why Ocon has been pushed so hard by first Mercedes, and now Alpine.

He has struck me as a second-rate driver in F1. He was absolutely humiliated by Ricciardo in 2020, who is now being shown up by Norris (Lando has four-times as many points as Daniel). As far as I'm concerned, the performance of Ocon against Alonso says more about Alonso's current level, rather than Ocon's.
Ocon is Mr Consistent but has not really kicked on since he came back considering how much Mercedes rate him over Wehrlein but the guys he use to beat have all overtaken him in F1. If only Mercedes promoted him early enough but he in Alpine partly because he is French and it seems to be an incentive for them to continue F1

It would be interesting to see if Daniel regains his reputation as the last of the late brakers in an Alpine, or if there is something inherently wrong with the McLaren that he can't get his head around, assuming of course he gets the chance, or he realises he's lost it and goes, even Lando said it was a difficult car to drive and would prefer different characteristics.

The Artist..... he was very good at force india. him & Perez at the time were 1 of the strongest pairings on the grid. but since he left there, as i found what i said 12 months ago the new contract which was massive shock to me. & Hungary victory has sealed his place there. as they need a french driver & they are having problems filling 1 seat never mind 2
very poor again from ocon if he hadnt signed a new contract few weeks ago. i wouldve said he was a cert to be replaced by gasly for 2022

Dartman yeah ive heard that braking was his biggest issue. but It does make the win on the hardest braking circuit at monza. even more confusing

Ricciardo apparently has tried to change his driving style as his supposed strengths in braking was causing him problems with the Mclaren last year and help with this year's Mclaren. It highlights its a bit harder for older drivers to adapt now except maybe Alonso who benefits from the fact that Ocon was out of F1 for 1 year

Back
Top Bottom