Announcement Server change

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Some of you may have noticed a "Hosting Suspended" :o page earlier this evening.

I have paid the bill, honest :D

We've actually just moved to a new server (again) as we need additional functionality for future site upgrades (watch this space... ;) ).
It can take up to 24 hours for the new nameservers to resolve and during that time the URL resolves to a holding page.

Hopefully normal service has now been resumed.

I've just had to spend a morning at work without the crutch of Clip the Apex.

Don't ever do that to me again. :givemestrength:

Regards C_A_T

LOL

Yeah, I noticed that, and I thought nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I will have to brave 606 to spout nonsensical F1 babble. Actually, I'd probably end up at F1 Rejects forums tbf!

Don't worry tby, I had exactly the same thought when I saw it LOL

I knew there would be some downtime but I never knew they would park the site at that particular page.

The good news is the first test of the new functionality went ahead at around 0330 this morning :yawn: and all went well :thumbsup:

Now all we need to do is code the new design

Just to let everyone know the server we're currently on will be upgraded this coming Sunday (25) evening.

Essentially the site will be migrated to a new, more powerful server which should improve performance.

Hopefully there will be no downtime and the migration will be transparent.

Major server failure

Apologies for the outage, it was caused by a major server failure this morning just before 1000.

Hopefully the problem is now resolved.

Well the new server seems to have some major issues related to the OS which is causing file corruption and extended outages.

As a result the site will be a migrated to a(nother) new server tonight.

There might be an outage of 30 minutes or so but after that hopefully all the problems will be solved.

Shame about the new server, hopefully the next one will be AOK.

Keep up the good work Brogan. If you ever need any help I'm there :thumbsup:

Thanks Enja.

The server we're currently on hasn't been right from day one so it's not a moment too soon.

If the site goes down again tomorrow then I'll be around to the ISP's server room to sort it myself :D

The migration is actually taking place tonight at 2300, rather than last night.

Please bear with us if there are any further problems today.

Back
Top Bottom