Notice Server move completed

I'm actually quite disappointed...I expect most people didn't see the message I put on the old site :(

So here it is...:D

Server migration in progress

Unfortunately the site is currently unavailable while the server migration is being carried out.

Although the work will only take an hour, it may take up to 24 hours before you are able to access the site on the new server due to DNS propagation.
Please keep checking periodically, or alternatively you could do some work for a change. ;)

When this message is no longer visible and the site appears as normal then you are on the new server.

In the meantime, if you're bored you can always read up on the 2012 Formula One Sporting and Technical Regulations. Enjoy!

See you on the other side! :wave:

Indeed it is.
The old server was on shared hosting with about 400 other sites on it and we were hitting the limits of the allocated resources and had been for some time.

This new server is completely dedicated to the site with no other sites or users.

Hope you don't mind a little bending of the "quoting rules" but I feel the need to say this twice:

:goodday:Hats off to the team that made this happen because Rooters News, Rootersport and Rooting Today only live on Clip. Indeed, Clip and it's members are the inspiration and reason for its being. Whether or not one is a regular reader of this fictional News Corp entity, one will certainly appreciate the importance of that statement.

All of the fictional characters in my head actually only exist on Clip. Nevertheless, we all thank you for the privilege of being part of this wonderful forum and the Clip the Apex family...

... and a huge thanks to canis and Mike and everyone else involved in that great piece of work.

The Fenderman, Rooters Fictional News Agency (a division of Clip the Apex)8-)

I still can't believe how fast this is. Fantastic.:o

Great job one and all - can really tell the difference even on the crappy KC connection I get at work. Looks like I can go back to quoting every post now :p

Good work chaps :D

I can't say I've noticed much of a speed differential but then again I have stupidly fast broadband :p

speed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom