Current Sebastian Vettel

Lots of threads have alluded to having a discussion about the current world champion so lets get it all off our collective chests (oooeer!)

Lots has been has been written about this young man from his testing debut with BMW Sauber in 2006 aged just 19 - he then progressed to the the toro rosso team for his first full race season in 2008 - the memorable race being his drive in the wet at Fuji where he managed to rear end his future team mate Mark Webber who said ""It's kids isn't it... kids with not enough experience – they do a good job and then they :censored: fuck it all up." - Little was Mark to know he would be paired with the "Kid" just 2 years later.

His maiden win came at the 2008 Italian GP where he qualified up from, the race started under the safety car in the rain and the young German led from start to finish in the Toro Rosso - becoming the youngest winner of a grand prix ever.

Then we enter the era of the Red Bull. In 2009 he joined the Red Bull team, which got off to a torrid start as he managed to crash into Kubika in Australia, a feat he would go on to repeat during the 09 season.

Last year needs no mention........

So to the crux of the matter. Is Sebastian Vettel?

the real deal, the baby schumi, the new pretender - a genuine racer? - aka Wunderkind

or

A very quick driver, who lucked into a very fast car and can bang it on pole and lead from lights to flag and be the quickest pilot of a car, yet can't overtake for toffee? aka WunOrAother

035336-pn-image-sport-sebastian-vettel.jpg

*Ahem*, what a great over-taker that Vettel has become! LOL

First that rapid Silver-Arrows Mercedes of Rosberg on the outside of the blindingly quick Blanchimont and then with two wheels on the grass on the outside of that fierce Scarlet bull-fighter Alonso at Curva Grande'!:victory:

What spatial awareness! What an understanding of grip at the very edge of adhesion! What a pair of balls! What steely nerves! Boy's got ice flowing through his young veins! ;)

Phew!

Hehe. :snigger:

Vettel claims the Red Bull car this season is less dominant than last.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15198817.stm

It could be but we don't know, the way to compare it is wins and poles.

But I think that Ferrari and mostly McLaren missed a lot of oppurtunities in the middle of the season...

I don't think the car is as "good" as many make it out to be, McLaren have been their worst enemy, Vettel's had a bit of luck along the way.

Vettel claims the Red Bull car this season is less dominant than last.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15198817.stm

I think the car has been less impressive this year. There were times this year where Red Bull were outpaced in races, especially mid-season, which just weren't there last year. The best evidence for all this, I'm afraid, is that Webber has usually been beaten by a McLaren/Ferrari in most races, despite finishing all bar Monza.

Last year they'd have had this kind of lead if it weren't for Seb hitting things!

Vettel has improved this year which comes from having confidence of being a world champion..his performances to Webber has been much bigger causing less aggro in the team barring Silverstone

He's had his fair share of luck along the way but it falls for you when you capitalise on the moments you have

He is not making silly mistakes last year....I thought mid summer last year he looked wild and dangerous to justify his drive at Red Bull...I still remember the Mclaren pit crew coming out of the garage at Spa and giving him some gestures to let him know what they thought of him crashing Button out of the race

I should add that Vettel is not infallible as Canada, Germany, Hungary , China have all proven that he can still make mistakes when pressured to

On Vettel's claim that Red Bull is not as dominant this year .. I guess that he means he has been more lucky than others this year then

Starting from the front row helps a lot to avoid making those stupid mistakes

If Vettel wins the championship on Sunday all on-line players of Grand Turismo will be "given" the Red Bull X1 to race with. My youngest will be cheering Seb through every corner...

I'd pay to read your stuff, though. ;) :D

Well you do if you contribute, which I assume that you do.

You said it yourself the other day: "Opinions Are Like Arseholes...Everyone's Got One"....

Technically I suppose that this is quoting, but effectively you are repeating it. See messages #535 and #538.

Edited to get the quotes displayed correctly!

Disagree that Vettel is going to be 2011 World Champion?
Not at all Ray - I disagree that Jenson "doesn't have a chance" to win this weekend though (although I accept that it's a very small chance that he will - hope springs eternal in the Bonesian breast! ;)).

Vettel has done the better job all year - doesn't mean I can't support my driver anyway. For the record, I reckon Lewis would move over in your scenario - if only to prolong Vettel's 2nd title for another weekend.

Ok?

Back
Top Bottom