Head To Head Sebastian Vettel vs Daniel Ricciardo

I think I'd have a little moan if the car I was sitting in din't actually move and when it did it caught fire, but I can't remember Seb moaning about it, I remember him commenting on it when he was asked though.

No I said show me a link where Seb is moaning about the car, not a link of someone defending their team by saying a driver is moaning about the car, that is not the same thing...

You call that moaning about the car in general? Hells bells I call that being realistic and for the umptenth time that "Come on guys message." was a call to the team to retire the car as he was getting in the way of other drivers.

I see Seb like I see Jenson he is a world class driver who people don't like and so they stick the boot in at every opportunity for no other reason than the fact that they just don't like him.

Edit.

I have actually received on this forum a personal message stating that they do not like Jenson I have no idea why that needed saying to me but that person shall remain anonymous....

Last edited:
People have questioned Vettel's status among the all time greats for several years now. The main reason was because there was no legitimate benchmark to judge him by. Mark Webber will forever be known as a fairly pedestrian pilot.

Now that Seb is taking a drubbing that is unprecedented in the history of the sport for a reigning champion, anybody who ever had any reservations about bestowing all-time status upon him feels justified.

Of course he can change that himself before the year is through however. If he's able to pick up the pieces as Ricciardo has now on 3 occasions, that will go a long way in silencing the critics. Until then, there's nothing that can really be said, he's been outdriven time and time again this season.

Vettel's driving in Barcelona was bloody magnificent in my view better than anyone elses on the track that day he was overtaking in places nobody else could, not the sign of a mediocre driver in my opinion..

I'm actually starting to miss seeing Seb on the top step, mostly because people hate him so much when really he is a hugely talented driver and a really genuine person..

Last edited:
The other day the BBC asked in response to Mickelson throwing his captain under a bus in an open press who are sports biggest sore losers ?

One person quoted Lewis Hamilton and another person said Seb Vettel
====================================

Seb is mortal after all except he can't face it he has to sometimes fight his way through the race and not just disappear after the first corner

Mephistopheles I see a bit of Damon Hill ins Vettel

- if he won it was the car
- if he lost it was because of him

For me Damon Hill was a much better driver than people with blinkered view could see until he left Williams where his stock rose
That is the path that Vettel will follow to prove things .. both Hamilton and Alonso proved it leaving Mclaren

I have stories about Damon that prove the mans worth, one of them is from a volunteer marshal who was working on a testing day for one of the lower formula cars at Silverstone Damon was just there to watch he wasn't invited this one team were having set up problems with the car the drivers just could not get to grips with it Damon asked it he could have a go the team agreed, well who wouldn't? So Damon went out and within three laps he was one and a half seconds faster than the regular drivers best and he had never driven the car before, he came back to the pits and said there is nothing wrong with that car, the team thanked him and that was it.

Anyone who criticises drivers like him and drivers like Vettel do not know their arse from their elbow as far as motorsport is concerned..

Last edited:
Have to say there was a point that I got annoyed by Vettel's winning all the time, but it was never because of his personality. I just wanted to see some fresh faces on the top step. He doesn't whine anymore than any other driver, and at least he speaks his mind. He gets a lot of criticism for that but at least he's not all fake and corporate.

Il_leone whilst the fact Vettel is being beaten by Danny Ric is undeniable and whilst we are going to get an insight in to his real quality over the next few years and everyone has a different view of how thats going to turn out I really have no idea how on earth you can call him a sore loser. I mean I have no idea how some people think so.e things on here but thats because I think something else however this one has me completely puzzled to the point of distraction.

I just haven't seen or heard it or seen it in the slightest. Who was the first person out the car to congratulate Danny Ric on his first win? Who gave the team a motivational speech about getting there at the end of a race he'd had nothing but mechanical issues? Who moved over for Danny Ric because the team told him too without any moaning at all? Obviously not Seb from your view.

You have a very odd view point.

RasputinLives It was not me who said Vettel was a sore loser when the BBC asked openly on their site on Monday who are sports biggest losers

One person quoted Vettel because he throws toys out of the pram ..well certainly when Webber was beating him or when the Renault engine was lacking power down the straight and calling other drivers " Cucumber"

Another person quoted Hamilton because he always acts like the world is against him when he loses

RasputinLives well individual races like 2009 Turkey GP when he fluffed lap 1 and the team could not move Webber out of his way

Brazil 2009 - I get the feeling the plan was for Webber to slow the pace down to allow Vettel to catch up but Webber did not follow the plan to win the race and Vettel's response post race was noticeable

Back
Top Bottom