Scott McLaughlin

Thought he deserves a thread, Kiwi that has been racing in the Australian V8 championship for around 6 years.
2018 and 2019 series champion, would have been 2017 champ as well but for a post race penalty, 2019 Bathurst 1000 winner.
Currently driving for DJR/Penske, highly rated by Penske, so much so they included him in the first offical Indy car test for the season on the back of some simulator work and one team test. Didn't disappoint posting the third fastest time in a field that included 7 past champions, only the pole and second place qualifier from last years race at the same circuit ahead of him on the time sheets.
Penske have entered him for the road race at Indy in May.
Back in a V8 supercar last weekend and straight back on the pace leading the championship after the first round.
He is a serious talent, at 26 very unlikely we will ever see him in a F1 car but could be but behind the wheel in just about any series and run near the front.

yeah just looking at IndyCar 2020, & I see is penned in for round 5 from what ive read looks a great talent. at 26 I think F1 is probally past the boat because you have to look at Hartley & old he was deemed. but if he as good as scott Dixon he will be a great success

Shame we won't see him this month at Indy,
He did compete in the Indy i racing series with 2 wins from 6 races and points winner against all the Indy regulars.
We will have to wait and see what windows of opportunity the revised calendars and travel restrictions offer for him to get behind the wheel of a Indycar this season.

The amazing thing about him is his open wheeler experience amounts to not much more than a season of club level formula ford, he has been racing tin tops since he was 16.

Back
Top Bottom