Schumacher: Time to Quit?

At first i thought " give this man a chance to get up to speed", but after this race it was pretty clear he lost his edge and maybe he got to old to be competitive.

At first i thought " give this man a chance to get up to speed", but after this race it was pretty clear he lost his edge and maybe he got to old to be competitive.
I think 20 races is more than enough time to get up to speed. He was a liability on track this weekend.

I was excited at his return last season just to see if he's still got "it" - after last season it seemed that he hadn't however some of that could have been the car, and the old "tyres" excuse

I'm aware this season is only 4 races old, but the car is proving to be OK (if you discount the RB, McL and increasingly the Scuderia) but it seems to me that he just can't cut it anymore - Basically he's done a "Mansell"

OpenDoor.jpg

What's the likelihood of him being given his marching orders/stepping down this season?

And who could fill the space?

Do they even have one? It used to be Heidfeld until Kubica's injury. Presumably another German?

Seeing as him being in that car is effectively getting them the Mercedes engine, I would presume yes. And they have a very good backup in Hulkenberg, who while I'm not entirely convinced is the greatest thing since sliced bread, is a very capable set of hands.

Maybe, if he has some sort of release clause in the event of a top team making an approach (with suitable compensation of course). It's not unheard of, and may even be standard.

Well F.I released Fisichella to Ferrari in 2009 so to answer my own question, then very probably LOL

The question is would di Resta want to leave F.I. midway through his rookie season, the Mercedes doesn't seem too far infront of the F.I. (at least in Schumacher's hands...) and if he left halfway through it might adversely affect his season with regards to not being used to the W02 just like Fisi couldn't get used to the F60.

And look what Fisi is doing now. Di Resta would rather have a definite race seat instead of a 3rd seat

The question is would di Resta want to leave F.I. midway through his rookie season, the Mercedes doesn't seem too far infront of the F.I. (at least in Schumacher's hands...) and if he left halfway through it might adversely affect his season with regards to not being used to the W02 just like Fisi couldn't get used to the F60.
True, but if offered the seat could he actually turn it down?

True, but if offered the seat could he actually turn it down?

Mercedes can hardly force him into accepting, except maybe pressuring F.I. into letting him go, if it een came to that stage I think they'd probably just go with Hulkenberg, and it keeps the all German deam team that way.

Do they even have one? It used to be Heidfeld until Kubica's injury. Presumably another German?

All sources I can find (OK I didn't look that hard - their website and wikipedia) states that their reserve/3rd drivers are "TBA" - so in the unlikely event Mercedes take a punt on the Hulk or a complete unknown from the academy or someone from GP2 - I can't see anyone taking his seat this season.

Back
Top Bottom