Rookie of the Year 2011

Who will finish the season ahead?

• Total voters
I think Paul will end up being the rookie of the year because in has had a chance to round himself as a driver prior to this "rookie" season. I'd argue he was one of the better drivers on the whole grid. He is seemingly beating Adrian Sutil, who is a great driver himself.

As far Di Resta has been the most consistent out of all of them, and has bagged some points as well. But most of the newbies are beating their team mates, a good effort all round.

Indeed but he's not a rookie. Personally I'm gonna guess that Di Resta will shine this saturday, as will d'Ambrosio however I think Perez will bin it.

Yeah, sorry, just mentioning the name that jumps out from Galahad's criteria.

I don't think you can assess d'Ambrosio properly but he's comparing well to Glock compared to di Grassi!

Yeah, sorry, just mentioning the name that jumps out from Galahad's criteria.

I don't think you can assess d'Ambrosio properly but he's comparing well to Glock compared to di Grassi!

I think if he beats Glock and gets close to Trulli he will have done well, other than that there's really no criteria for measuring his performance.

So far Di Resta has been the standout for me and I feel he should have had a seat last season when Liuzzi was achieving nothing in the Force India. If he can continue to deliver against Sutil for the remainder of the season then expect a bigger team to come knocking and I expect that team to be Mercedes (although I would like to see Hulkenberg get a shot in that seat also.

Perez has also had a strong start for a rookie, but I'll reserve judgement until I see a little more from him in the coming races.

Maldonado........Don't really see him being around for long and again why he's taking up a seat that Hulkenberg could have filled with a much higher level of talent?

Am I right in thinking that none of this season's rookies have driven Monaco before?

Well as we said Monaco would be the test for these guys I guess we've seen how good they are.

Perez looked the business today until his crash - best wishes and I hope he gets well soon. Looked like he was really pushing the car to its limits which I think probably contributed to his crash. Won't be racing tomorrow but wants too so at least we know he has a fighting spirit.

Maldonado has another good qualifying and beats Rubens yet again - can he translate it to the race. Is he going to make a lot of us (including me) look silly and show us he does deserve to be in F1?

Di Resta out qualified Sutil again but didn't set the world on fire. If you think Maldonado and Perez got into the top 10 and the Force India is suppose to be as quick if not quicker than both those cars you could almost say it was dissapointing. I don't think we'll really be able to judge Di Resta until Hulkenberg gets in that other Force India.

Well as we said Monaco would be the test for these guys I guess we've seen how good they are.

Perez looked the business today until his crash - best wishes and I hope he gets well soon. Looked like he was really pushing the car to its limits which I think probably contributed to his crash. Won't be racing tomorrow but wants too so at least we know he has a fighting spirit.

Maldonado has another good qualifying and beats Rubens yet again - can he translate it to the race. Is he going to make a lot of us (including me) look silly and show us he does deserve to be in F1?

Di Resta out qualified Sutil again but didn't set the world on fire. If you think Maldonado and Perez got into the top 10 and the Force India is suppose to be as quick if not quicker than both those cars you could almost say it was dissapointing. I don't think we'll really be able to judge Di Resta until Hulkenberg gets in that other Force India.

I agree there with Perez and Maldonado.

But as for the Force India being faster than the Sauber? I have not seen that at all this season, and the Force India updates that where introduced in Spain just have not produced at all, while Williams made a step forward, and Sauber making gains. The Force India at most races so far has qualified near the back of the midfield.

As for d'Ambrosio, nearly a second slower than Glock!!! Don't know if Glock had updates or not, but 8 tenths is a lot!

So no change in the rookie standings after today's race and Perez stays top despite not racing. Could have been so different though and I have to say I really felt for Maldonado as he did a great job today. He was a lap ahead of his team-mate and had been mixing it up with the leaders all race - was especially impressed with him following Massa through past Rosberg and later on following Webber through past Sutil - really showed he was on it. Think I may have become a fan.

As for the incident that put him out - really reminded me of when Kimi plowed into the back of Sutil and took him out - no one's fault just one of those things. Heartbreaking all the same.

However I would like Clip the Apex to exknowledge the fact that from this day forth we no longer refer to Mr Maldonado as a pay driver. Agreed?

Not a great weekend for the rookies has to be said.

Current Standings:

16 - Perez - 2pts

17 - Di Resta - 2pts

21 - d'Ambrosio - 0pts

24 - Maldonado - 0pts

Have to say Di Resta has blotted his copy book in the last 2 races and Mr Maldonado after a gret run at Monoco had a pretty average run at Canada - seems to dissapear on tracks he's not raced at before.

none of the rooks look like thier doing the business really - although Di Resta was does seem to stick out - just needs to bring the car home!

Back
Top Bottom