Robert Kubica Injured In Rally

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9388940.stm

"Serious injuries"? I wonder if this means Kubica will miss the start of the season or just the testing, and if so, who will get a run in the Lada.

Bruno Senna (in a black 'Lotus' - PR in that...), Romain Grosjean, Fairuz Fauzy, Ho-Pin Tung and Jan Charouz are listed as Lada's test drivers.

If Lada do lose Kubica for any test sessions, it is a massive blow for them to lose a man of such experience compared to Vitaly Petrov.

Hope RK is OK!

The only thing I've seen reported is multiple fractures including femur and wrist. Apparently Senna is next in line to that seat.
What a massive shame to both team and driver if he does miss out.

Not good news coming through. BBC are reporting fractures to his left arm (not his first left arm fracture) and left leg.

Oh dear!

Obviously hope he makes a full recovery but that will ruin his season.

It is 2 months 1 month before the first race so there is a no chance he will be fit enough, depending on how bad the injuries are.

Edited my post as I was running a month behind :dizzy:

2 months for a femur fracture? It depends on the type of fracture but he'll struggle to recover in time for Bahrain, even if he does make it it'll be a surprise if he's back up to speed anytime in the first few races. It's a real shame but I think it's Senna's drive for the opening races.

Brogan_Gethinceri said:
2 months?
Am I a month ahead of everybody else?

You had me worried.
blink.gif

This is definitly not good for Robert or the 2011 Championship.

2 months for a femur fracture? It depends on the type of fracture but he'll struggle to recover in time for Bahrain, even if he does make it it'll be a surprise if he's back up to speed anytime in the first few races. It's a real shame but I think it's Senna's drive for the opening races.

You can almost hear Senna's feedback from testing...

Eng: How's the car feeling, Bruno?
BS: Better than an HRT!
Eng: How are the tyres?
BS: Better than if they were on a HRT?

Repeat ad infinitum

Suppose they could go for Grosjean and Petrov if they want one hell of a repair bill...!

It's the time zones guys - I am in Wales after all!
Makes his appearance in the car in Bahrain a very vain hope.

Shame.

You can see now why some teams prohibit their drivers from participating in certain activities.

This is going to severely harm Renault as less points means less money at the end of the season.

The car was definitely showing potential, they have to get someone who knows what they are doing behind the wheel surely?

Would it be an option to find a different replacement driver a la Ferrari after Massa was out? If so who would be available?

Either way I hope Kubica gets better quickly, a good driver to watch and always capable of throwing a spanner it against the odds.

I certainly hope that the injury reports are overblown and RK will make a complete and speedy recovery. I really expected (hoped) him to challenge for the championship this year.

I am surprised that his F1 contract permits this outside activity. It doesn't seem sensible to let your lead driver place his life and health in jeopardy in endeavors that have nothing to do with his primary responsiblity. Now the team's chances are lessened.

I think putting Senna in the seat would be even worse than giving Grosjean a second chance. He (Grosjean)was thrown in the deep end the first time with no familiarity of the team or cars. I really think he would do pretty well were he allowed to start the season.

Is Nick Heidfeld contracted to any team at the moment?

Surely he has to be a better bet than Senna, Grosjean or the other 3 reserve drivers?

Brilliant idea, Bro! I had forgotten about Heidfeld. He would probably be the best option available ( assuming he IS available).

Back
Top Bottom