Television Red Dwarf

In that case I have to say, I think we've seen the last episode.

All of the references to series 1. The return of Norman Lovett for one last turn as Holly. A good way to go out without saying 'we're going out'

I'd love them to do more, I want more but I've just got this gut feeling that that was it.

Welcome back this thread Smeg Heads.

It has been announced that UKTV are making a 90 minute Feature Length Red Dwarf, filming over the next couple of months (confirmed by Craig Charles) and alongside this have also commissioned three 60 minute long retrospective documentaries.

Yeah.

That was my gut feeling.

UKTV originally commissioned a full series however they are now doing this 90 min special.

Can only think they are wrapping it up.

Good thing in a way but judging by the last discussion in the thread from 2017 it would seem Doug Naylor must have had a change of heart if it is the end.

There were some good set pieces and some clever jokes. The laugh track was annoying and I'm going to say that it went on too long. It's a bit like the Porridge or Steptoe movies. The characters work well in a 30 minute, fast moving setting, when it gets drawn out over the length of a movie it loses it's edge.

I enjoyed it but only a 6 from me.

I finally got around to catching up on Red Dwarf.

Hmmm, a bit dissapointed to be honest. It didn't make the best use of its "feature length" running time and just seemed a bit like a very long episode.

They had already told the back story of Cat, Cloister and the rest of the myth so there's nothing new there.

Some nice effects and it did look good but not sure what we gained instead of a 6 part series.

1693842818768.png

Back
Top Bottom