Raikkonen injured in Snowmobile Crash

Which mistakes?
Räikkönen was taking part yesterday in a show event for Red Bull, the guys who are still paying him until December 31st.
As a matter of fact, originally, he was supposed to take part yesterday in the Bercy karting event (where Grosjean was, BTW) and cancelled it.

Yesterday's was not a crazy snowmobile race between the trees in the forest, but a show event where they have famous sportmen (Timo Scheider, Heidfeld, Klien, etc were there yesterday) and celebrities (singers, comedians,...) in a snow circuit. It's not such a risky thing, it really isn't. It was not what people first think about when told about a "snowmobile race".
Räikkönen was simply unlucky: the Austrian press says it was a pretty harmless incident but Kimi put the hand on the ground in a slightly wrong position, nothing else, just bad luck. He got a little bandage to his wrist and that's all.

Which mistakes?
Räikkönen was taking part yesterday in a show event for Red Bull, the guys who are still paying him until December 31st.
As a matter of fact, originally, he was supposed to take part yesterday in the Bercy karting event (where Grosjean was, BTW) and cancelled it.

Yesterday's was not a crazy snowmobile race between the trees in the forest, but a show event where they have famous sportmen (Timo Scheider, Heidfeld, Klien, etc were there yesterday) and celebrities (singers, comedians,...) in a snow circuit. It's not such a risky thing, it really isn't. It was not what people first think about when told about a "snowmobile race".
Räikkönen was simply unlucky: the Austrian press says it was a pretty harmless incident but Kimi put the hand on the ground in a slightly wrong position, nothing else, just bad luck. He got a little bandage to his wrist and that's all.

I was unaware that Raikkonen was still contracted to Citroen, but you would think that Renault would play it safe and pay out the rest of his contract, even if there is just a month left. It was a lottery of what happened to his wrist, another day it could have snapped and left Renault again with a team leader out injured.

With Red Bull, only with Red Bull, not with Citroën.:)
As a matter of fact, nobody knows very well if it's just a sponsorship contract or a company/employee contract what he has with Red Bull :thinking: It's not even known when does it end. They decided never to explain it.

Turun Sanomat said a few days ago, that Kimi's contract with LRGP forbid all kind of dangerous activities, what I personally find annoying because I'm a rally freak and I have enjoyed having Räikkönen in the WRC, I would have not mid seeing him in the Monte Carlo and in Rally Finland next season :disappointed: .

But, from January 1st the guys of LRGP will feel a bit more comfortable, I think.

Back
Top Bottom