Race Of Champions 2011

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
The wind down event at the end of the F1 season which sees mega star drivers for many walks of motorsport come together and race each other on a double track 'special stage' rally style stadium circuit.

The drivers race various types of race cars and buggies. This year it is the Skoda Fabia rally car, The KTM X-Bow and the fire breathing ROC buggies, single seater and 2 seater.

This years event is to be held in Germany on December 3-4th 2011.

TV coverage has for the last 3 years been shown on Eurosport. Last year in HD as well. I expect the same deal this year.

Schumacher and Vettel have won it the last few years and have confirmed for this years event.

The driver line up is still a bit patchy, but here is who has confirmed so far.

Michael Schumacher
Sebastian Vettel
Jenson Button
Andy Priaulx
Tom Kristensen
Mattias Ekstrom
Travis Pastrana
Sebastien Ogier
Roman Grosjean
Martin Tomczyk

I will fill in the blanks once confirmed. I think there are 6 more drivers to come.

If you haven't seen this before give it a go. Its great fun.

No Loeb....I suppose Ogier's taken his place

There's no Quagmire Coulthard either...

The past 3-4 Race of Champions have been held in Germany, any reason why? :s

This is only the second year that it's held in Germany, it was held in Beijing in 2009 and the 2 years before that it was held in London. Germany (Schumi and Vettel) have won the past 4, though...

Definitely going to try to catch it this year :) I've seen clips on youtube and it looks quite fun.

The last time I saw it was when Vettel and Schumacher won the Nations championship for the first time, the same one where Schumacher stalled his car and Kovalainen bet him due to this.

Can't remember when that was...

The last F1 Driver to hold the title ROC Champion of Champions was Heikki Kovalainen in 2004. Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel have won the last four Nations Cup titles for Germany.Here's the title winners list since 2000:

Champion of Champions :

2010: Filipe Albuquerque – DTM
2009: Mattias Ekström - DTM
2008: Sébastien Loeb – WRC
2007: Mattias Ekström - DTM
2006: Mattias Ekström - DTM
2005: Sébastien Loeb – WRC
2004: Heikki Kovalainen - F1
2003: Sébastien Loeb – WRC
2002: Marcus Grönholm - WRC
2001: Harri Rovanperä - WRC
2000: Tommi Mäkinen - WRC

Nations Cup winners:

2007: - 2010: Michael Schumacher / Sebastian Vettel (F1) Germany
2006: Heikki Kovalainen / Marcus Grönholm (WRC) Finland
2005: Tom Kristensen / Mattias Ekström (WRC) Scandinavia
2004: Jean Alesi (F1) / Sébastien Loeb (WRC) France
2003: Fonsi Nieto (MotoGP 250cc class) / Cristiano da Matta (CART/F1) / Gilles Panizzi (WRC) All Stars (Spain, Mexico, France)
2002: Jimmie Johnson,(NASCAR)/ Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) / Colin Edwards (WSB/MGP) USA
2001:Jesús Puras (WRC) / Rubén Xaus (WSB) / Fernando Alonso (F1) Spain
2000: Regis Laconi (WSB) / Yvan Muller (WTC/BTCC) / Gilles Panizzi (WRC) France

Champion of Champions :

2011: Sly Boogy - FR (Flamingo Racing) :)
2010: Filipe Albuquerque – DTM
2009: Mattias Ekström - DTM
2008: Sébastien Loeb – WRC
2007: Mattias Ekström - DTM
2006: Mattias Ekström - DTM
2005: Sébastien Loeb – WRC
2004: Heikki Kovalainen - F1
2003: Sébastien Loeb – WRC
2002: Marcus Grönholm - WRC
2001: Harri Rovanperä - WRC
2000: Tommi Mäkinen - WRC

Nations Cup winners:

2011: Sly Boogy (FR, Flamingo Racing) / Afro Fenderman (AR, Afro Racing) Britain:D
2007: - 2010: Michael Schumacher / Sebastian Vettel (F1) Germany
2006: Heikki Kovalainen / Marcus Grönholm (WRC) Finland
2005: Tom Kristensen / Mattias Ekström (WRC) Scandinavia
2004: Jean Alesi (F1) / Sébastien Loeb (WRC) France
2003: Fonsi Nieto (MotoGP 250cc class) / Cristiano da Matta (CART/F1) / Gilles Panizzi (WRC) All Stars (Spain, Mexico, France)
2002: Jimmie Johnson,(NASCAR)/ Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) / Colin Edwards (WSB/MGP) USA
2001:Jesús Puras (WRC) / Rubén Xaus (WSB) / Fernando Alonso (F1) Spain
2000: Regis Laconi (WSB) / Yvan Muller (WTC/BTCC) / Gilles Panizzi (WRC) France

Vitaly Petrov has now confirmed in the drivers line up.
5 F1 drivers so far. This should be a good year.

If interested a new ROC game is coming out for iPhone and android. Coming soooon.

Screen Shot 2011-11-01 at 13.32.52.png

As much as i like the ROC, i have to say that it's getting a bit boring now seeing alot of the same names taking part every year. Can't we have some new fresh faces in for a change Vettel and Schumacher have done it for the past three years in a row, aswell as Button.

But i'll still watch it nonetheless just would like to see some fresh names for 2012 at this event.

The ROC game is now in iTunes. Only works on OS3.2 and above. My Mk2 iPod touch won't run it. (OS 3.1.3) flipin flip. >:(
Looks good to. :disappointed:

Back
Top Bottom