Poll Out of ten: The British GP 2013

Out of ten: The British GP 2013

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 off for there still being DRS ;)

1 off for the tyre failures

and 1 more off for that nagging feeling that I shouldn't over reward a race that was so artificial.

So that's a 7 from me. There were some great individual performances and there was some really nice overtaking stuff going on that didn't always rely on press flap open button and pass.

If only we could have a race like that under normal circumstances without half a dozen tyre failures over a weekend, silly gimmick push to pass aerodynamics and Eddie Jordan and I think I'd be happy.

9 for some of the driving, overtaking & excitement. 0 for the tyres. Averaged and generously rounded up, that's a 5 from me.

Oh, hang on... Should have been a home win, to go with all those in the GP2 and GP3 races, but the exploding tyre put paid to that.

Therefore my 5 is downgraded to a 2.

Would have been a 7 for me but -1 for Vettel's transmission failure so a 6 it is.

Also, if it hadn't taken about 5 laps behind the Safety Car to clear Vettel's Red Bull, which was right by the entrance to the pit lane (what was that all about?), Webber might have won (what a send-off that would have been in his final British GP) and Hamilton might have sneaked onto the podium alongside Nico, as he was catching Alonso at the end.
All in all, if I could I'd downgrade my 2 to a 1 for that.

Solid 8 ... had everything ... Mercedes not falling back to RBR after 3 laps ... exploding tyres ... safety cars ... poor old stewards having to really earn their keep (fanastic to watch ... great organization) ... some great bunched up action at the back end of the race ...

I gave it a seven, more entertaining than most of the races so far this year. The tire situation is just getting stupid, not to mention the safety issue. On a positive note though, i'm pulling for Nico the rest of the year and it's exciting to think that Mercedes is finally getting their race pace on par with their qualifying pace.

Remember that I tally up the votes the Friday before the next race so you only have until the end of the week to get your votes in! The results of this one will be interesting too, so every vote counts!

6 out of 10 . A farcical race became a 7 lap sprint and I thought Webber was going to do a Mansell and win right at the end

Also Vettel retired which bought the biggest cheer in the crowd

Which race am I supposed to vote for? The first one up to the retirement of Vettel or the second one that occurred after the final safety car?

Or in GP2 terms the feature race or the sprint.

There was only one race ... to clear the track of debris ... I would give the marshalls a 9 for that ...

Back
Top Bottom