Poll Out of ten - British Grand Prix 2014

Your rating out of ten?

• Total voters
It would've been a ten if Lewis had to win by a hefty tussle with Nico (I rather hope he would made the top step without Nico's retirement) so a bit disappointed we were denied that, and if Jenson had made the podium...he was so close!
Really good to see a very happy podium, Bottas & Ricciardo drove impeccably.
Probably only a 7 but for the handbags at dawn from Alonso & Vettel which kept me highly amused.
Maybe we should bring back some of the old polls on here again - they'd get my vote for the Hinge & Brackett award :D
Plenty of excitement once the barrier was repaired (my local council take note - it can be done!) & impressed with Massa's mega reactions.

ExtremeNinja ..... Despite the fact Hamilton has suffered two DNF's and Rosbergs only one, Lewis has won 5, Nico has won 3. In four of Lewis' five wins he's beaten Rosberg on track, fairly, with no advantage handed to him. It's a bit much to expect that every time he beats Rosberg. It's results like those I've quoted that will see Hamilton World Champion for the second time. I gave the race 9 also but Lewis deserves a 10 for his sheer speed.

Last edited:
I gave it 8. I'm glad Lewis won, it keeps the championship alive. It would have been great to see Button on the podium. I thought the bad behaviour from Alonso (and Vettel) was entertaining, and I think Bottas did brilliantly.

I thought it was an 8. Good race, would have been more interesting if Rosberg had remained in, but there was sufficient interest through the field to keep my attention. The Vettel/Alonso scrap being my fave. As Martin Brundle said on twitter "they raced like true warriors, but cried like babies on the radio"

I gave it an 8 pretty well for the same reasons others have posted above. The safety car and race suspension situation was interesting, particularly in light of the current debate about changing the safety car regulations. Some notable bits to me were:
  • Crazy mixed up grid due to errors made by drivers and engineers with regard to timing of runs in crazy weather conditions.
  • Kimi Raikkonen brain fade: Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a regulation covering safe return to the track? Kimi attempted to rejoin the race at full bore having gone wide into the run-off. He is experienced enough to know that if you cross from one surface to another at an angle then one driven wheel will suddenly have grip whilst the other will spin up and the car will rotate around the axis off the wheel with less grip.Big fat minus for stupidity and causing a major collision that could have had terrible consequences for all concerned. However, for causing huge excitement and disbelief I restored my scoring due to the shock and excitement factor of 10
  • Storming starts and drives even though we didn't get to see much on the box.
  • Gutierrez vs Maldonado got some plus points for attempted revenge attack. However, I took them away again as Gutierrez failed to translate it into a Maldonado triple salchow.
  • Alonso and Vettel battle: Plus points for what looked like a great duel. Dropped points for two multi-champ's winging like weeny babies. One a pot and one a kettle, they seemed to be trying to get each other reported to the stewards. Kind of reminded me of those footballers who dive into the penalty area fully flippered, goggled and snorkeled, screeching for defenders to be red carded.
  • Lewis Hamilton springing forth in traditional style to re-engage Nico Rosberg in battle at the front.
  • Personal prediction coming true with regard to "Murphy moments" as Rosberg finally gets a DNF. Minus points in sympathy with Nico. Plus points for bringing championship back to knife edge between the Merc' blokes within one race weekend. Had that not happened it might have taken the rest of the season for Lewis to catch up!
  • Daniel Ricciardo on the podium again after solid drive whilst all about him there was mayhem AND he thrumped his 4 x WDC team mate again - from five spots behind at 8th on the grid. I don't care what issues Vettel had it will still look good on The Smiler's CV.
  • Lest I forget - nice to see Jenson get a fine 4th place finish for himself and McLaren. A bit like picking up scraps at their home GP but nevertheless a good show .

Last edited:
I had to give it a ten . I was there and the atmosphere was electric. I had a fantastic weekend! I was in the depths if depression sat but Lewis pulled out all the stops Sunday. Pretty certain he'd have had Rosberg whether his car had failed or not( but I'll take the 25 points gain thank you very much, Lewis is due a little luck) Loved the battle with Alonso and Vettel. Bottas was brill. Just loved it all. And of course the win:). Super, super weekend.

Back
Top Bottom