Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix

How did you rate the Monaco grand prix out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is probably one of the best Monaco's since CTA records began.
'

Either that says just how crap all of the other Monaco GP's were or, a couple of cheeky overtakes, one crash and a huge cock up makes for a great race in your opinion. Not sure how you figure that one out?

I'm struggling to work out whether that's genuine or a wind up.

It was dreadful, even before the screw up.

I believe that RasputinLives was talking about the 2011 Monaco grand prix not this one, but since I can't remember anything about the 2011 Monaco grand prix I don't reckon it could have been that special.

Was it the "Is it cuz I is black." one?

I can't remember anything about the 2011 Monaco grand prix I don't reckon it could have been that special.

Really? Vettel on old tyres? Alonso on less old tyres? Button on fresh tyres? Battle royal was about to take place but red flag said no and vettel did a cheeky tyre change on the restart grid? Was a good one I think.

I did get fed up with all the pre-race build up telling me how great the Monaco Grand Prix is and how is has such an important place in F1 history, especially when they wheel out Jackie Stewart who would go to the opening of an envelope if he was paid enough. I don't care if this race attracts rich and glamorous people, F1 is supposed to be about motor racing not cars following one another lap after lap or celeb spotting in the pits and on the grid.

As disappointing as it must have been for all Lewis fans to watch him stuck behind Vettel if the sight of a car on tyres about 2 seconds a lap quicker than the bloke in front doesn't make the FIA and FOM wake up and realise that Monaco simply isn't acceptable as a race track any more then I don't know what will. Nice of Jean Todt to make a guest appearance, presumably because his missus wanted to hob nob with her actor friends.

RasputinLives - Not to forget Hamilton getting punished because Maldonado chopped him, having already Loewsed Massa, who then had an accident in the tunnel whilst being passed.

Also, Button finished 3rd because his team forgot track position was king, and brought him in for fresh tyres under Safety Car, thus throwing away the race.

And another 10 has appeared on the poll. :facepalm:

Just proving you can't trust the masses with democracy :D

Monaco could be improved with some moving or removal of chicanes and grinding smooth of that bump everybody weaves around. OR the declare it a non-points race and relax the rules for just this one race

**** it I wanna change my vote to a ten, it would have been a 20 if Hamilton had failed to finish, that's how much I hate the ****, after all I've only been watching F1 for the past 25 years because I love to hate one of the drivers and I've been saving all that hatred up especially for Lewis.

That is how sad and pathetic a human being I am isn't it?

Truthfully I think Lewis is a decent enough bloke and an above average driver, it is just some of his fans who are total twats.

No names no pack-drill, as they say on the army..

Last edited:
Monaco could be improved with some moving or removal of chicanes and grinding smooth of that bump everybody weaves around. OR the declare it a non-points race and relax the rules for just this one race
That bump is caused by an intersection, you can't really sand it smoother, because the best way to do it requires altering the cross street, and those alterations may cause the intersection to become hazardous.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you've said. I'd rather see the Monaco GP go non-points than see it disappear from the calendar.

Largely an uninteresting race up until that huge strategic mistake. I can't tell if it's the whole "dirty air" story or the "saving tyres/engines/fuel" story that's driving the disappointing races we're seeing this season.

And a lack of competitive drivers at Mercedes... No disrespect to Nico but he's looking very Division 2 compared to Lewis this season.

I'm not sure Nico's able to lift his game any further. He's a good driver but trying to find something more to better Hamilton is a big ask. That's in no way a criticism of Rosberg, I just don't think there's a driver in the field right now that could consistently get the better of Hamilton, and that includes Alonso. We're currently seeing something very special from Lewis. Enjoy.

He's no Barrichello or Patrese, I think I would put him more in the Reutemann camp.

FB.....I think he also becomes a little fragile when he's faced with the strength and self belief Hamilton's showing and I can't see that changing.

Back
Top Bottom