Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Canadian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Canadian GP out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sushifiesta

Champion Elect
Contributor
Montreal nearly always gives us a decent race and, by this year's standards, I think it did today too. It wasn't spectacular but we had battles throughout the field, helped by Vettel and Massa's issues in qualifying yesterday which saw them fight their way up in to the points. Marussia even got some screen time with Mehri and Stevens following each other closely for most of the race. However, despite not using any development tokens it was probably the most dominant race for Mercedes (as an engine manufacturer) so far, with Ferrari really the only team fast enough to mix it with any of the Mercedes customer teams.

So, how did you rate it? I'm leaning towards a 6 personally.

Last edited:
Not the best race this side of Nagasaki but there was some nice moves going on up and down the field as cars out of postion fought to get back into the race. No one can get near the Mercs and one Merc driver isn't quick enough to get near the other.

Please, please, please just someone give us a fight for the lead.

A six from me.

6. Not a great race by usual Canadian GP standards. At least Sebastian Vettel's recovery drive from the back of the grid provided some good entertainment.

It was infinitely better than Monaco and as some voted a 10 for that race, I would have to vote this infinite.

I quite enjoyed that, kept me interested all the way through. I just wanted Nico to push Lewis at the end but they were in fuel save mode FFS! Anyway, 7.

A very below average race, dull, dull, then it got duller and just to make it interesting it went back to being dull again so I give it a massive 3 points of the ten that are available, the telly went off the very second the chequered flag was shown.

Top moment of the race Ro gro claiming that he was hit by Stevens and then he got hit with the quickest penalty I have ever seen awarded by the stewards in the history of the sport, highly amusing.

Last edited:
A 5 purely on Vettel at least driving it like a racing car. Unusually dull for Canada. Nice to see Button and Alonso try to have fun in their heaps of junk, against the team's wishes. Fair play to Fernando in particular for questioning the team's questionable tactics. Good result for Lewis, no real threat from Nico, normal service resumed at Mercedes.

I had to go 4 as it didnt live up to high expectations I usually have of Montreal, which doesn't bode well for rest of the season

most exciting thing about this race was

I) Alonso saying about driving like amateurs but still managed to defend robustly against Vettel

ii) The Beaver on the track which the drivers manager to avoid

I give it a 10.........It seems as though many of the fans in the grandstands would agree with me. They were cheering Lewis very enthusiastically on his cool down lap at Canada, even those who wearing red baseball caps and shirts.

I give it a 10.........It seems as though many of the fans in the grandstands would agree with me. They were cheering Lewis very enthusiastically on his cool down lap at Canada, even those who wearing red baseball caps and shirts.

That's nothing, I saw a middle aged German man in a 'Christian Danner is God' T-Shirt openly weeping with joy.

I think you may have solved the current crisis in F1. Let's send all the other 19 drivers home and just let Hamilton go to each race, do a few laps, wave to the crowd, pick up the trophy and spray some champaigne. Awesome !!!

That would get an 11 from me.

God knows how you would rate an actual race.

Hamilton is one of the most talented drivers in a generation and, when conditions are normal he just drives away in the best car on the grid, blows his team mate away and brings the car home for a relatively easy, unchallenged victory. How you can rate that a 10 each time is beyond me. He's got more than enough ability to go wheel to wheel with anyone on the grid. When that happens, and he still wins, that's a 10.

Back
Top Bottom