Poll Out of Ten - 2014 Italian Grand Prix

2014 Italian Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
I was going to give it a 1 but then it perked up for about 4 laps so I gave it an extra point so it gets a well deserved 2 from me, one of the most boring races I have seen in years.

Last edited:
Great race, battle for the lead, great battle for the points,yet lacked a certain zing.

It would be a 7 for me but a Lewis win always gets a bonus point so an 8.

A decent amount of overtaking, but it was a little flat. Nico "outbraking" himself twice took the edge off it. I think Lewis would have caught him, but it would have been a closer fight. Gutierrez is a plank. Did he think his car had shrunk in length by 50%??

Well done to Ricciardo for getting the better if Vettel again. He just grows in my estimation every race, and save of the day from Kvyat to not cause carnage - Gutierrez take note.

Battle for first and the battle with Button and Perez made this race a bit interesting. Ricciardo had great drive, but it was pretty predictable what would happen on his fresher tyres.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to give it an 8 or 9. Without the official live timing pretty coloured blobs I might have scored less. The chases were not properly reflected on screen but we could see from the to and fro of fastest sectors and the gap times were invaluable today - compensating for the usual crap TV direction it was absorbing. We didn't really see anything of the Merc's battle but the pressure Hamilton was putting on Rosberg was palpable on the timing screen. Likewise, seeing the gaps tumble as Ricciardo and Bottas chased down the guys ahead built the anticipation and tension up to the overtakes.

Actually, I'm giving it a 9 since my fantasy f1 team did so well! Saving a 10 for later as things are to get more tense ...

Splendid little Grand Prix. Loved nearly everything about it, except for the Magnussen penalty. Fully worthy of a 9.

Hamilton was watching the championship walk away and he made sure that didn't happen with a clutch move on an incredibly fair Felipe Massa. More great driving from Bottas and Ricciardo, who is quickly becoming the most exciting pilot in the sport.

I'm not even going to vote as I watched the second half of the race while half-asleep, getting up at 8:00 on a Sunday for an F1 race is hard for a college student.

I was going to go with a 7 but the Bottas and Ricciardo runs along with Buttons battle with Perez and Hamilton's pass on Massa pushed it up.

Bottas was very unlucky to get caught up in Hamilton's bad start; with his pace and a bit of luck I think he could have pulled out a 2nd place yesterday.

Some good battles with drivers coming through after bad starts.

Is Ricciardo exceptionally good, does he have a good car to drive or is Vettel poor?

Vettel stopped far to early for tyres don't ask me why and that is why he was beaten by his teammate his driving and speed are not in question here just piss poor pitstop strategy.

Just one more thing that made it a poor race...

Last edited:
Vettel pitted early because he was getting nowhere where he was in the traffic. So they (his team and/or Vettel) decided to do an early pit, get the undercut on the other cars and then hope to hang on towards the end when his tyres were going. It mostly worked, helped by the four drivers behind him who were losing time due to their battles, but with the exception of Bottas in the faster car, and Ricciardo who was simply faster.

He was simply faster on newer fresher tyres which is to be expected I am not putting Danny down he did a good job but it was the strategy that cost Vettel not his talent behind the wheel and to suggest otherwise is a nonsense...

Back
Top Bottom