Poll 2018 Italian Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2018 Italian Grand Prix out of Ten?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 12 41.4%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found the race was super and yet I was frustrated.
Why? Because the viewing experience was let down by the insistence of the broadcaster to show replays at moments when there was live action taking place. I feel that they're trying to "pimp the show" by replaying the best (as if a lock up is worth seeing three or four times) parts without considering what is happening live.
It was the best race I've seen in ages, but it gets an 8.

This drives me up the wall. I just want to watch the race! Also when Fernando pulled into the pits to retire and they lingered on this for about a minute while there was some close racing still going on. I don't want to see a knackered car slowing down and stopping in the pits. It's not interesting.

I found the race was super and yet I was frustrated.
Why? Because the viewing experience was let down by the insistence of the broadcaster to show replays at moments when there was live action taking place. I feel that they're trying to "pimp the show" by replaying the best (as if a lock up is worth seeing three or four times) parts without considering what is happening live.
It was the best race I've seen in ages, but it gets an 8.

Agreed, even DC and Ben Edwards complained when they showed reruns of the start when there was interesting stuff going on that was more important.

It amazed how the Ferrari drivers appeared to be racing each other to the first corner by jostling for their positin

well this kimi standing up for himself & using team radio to his advantage also Ferrari dont seem to have the guts to be bold like germany 2011 or Austria 2002. because as few times has happened he says over the radio "tell me what you want to do" but he knows full well & means "you announce to the world that ive been demanded to let vettel past"

F1Brits_90 That is Kimi being very clever politically but at the same time telling Vettel - overtake me if you dare. As an ex world champion - Kimi deserves a bit more respect

However Ferrari have had plenty of chances to replace him but chose not to

Il_leone kimi deserves respect no doubt been a brilliant driver & world champ if weirdly that 07 wasnt his best yr & will be disappointed that he never won in 03 & 05. But hes brought it on his self his anonymous years in 2015 2016 & 2017 have led to this. Ferrari have to put him in a situation where he is fighting for his career to bring out his best form since lotus comeback. Arguably his best form at ferrari

[/quote]Can't agree. World Drivers' Champion and deserves no respect?
Decides to earn money as a racing driver, teams agree to sign him and then pay him. F1's greatest team ( not necessarily my view) signs him from Enstone then continues to re-sign him.
Where is the problem?

A 9 from me, the only thing which let it down was the cynical way Mercedes used Bottas to slow Raikkonen down. However, it only hastened the inevitable.

RasputinLives In that respect you are right but then Ferrari are the only people stupid enough to pay him ridiculous money to put in mediocre performances. They 've had chances to give others a go but no they are listening to Vettel as well who off course will have his own self interest at heart

Kimi's best days are gone and really Ferrari should have got rid of him by 2016

Still Kimi does deserve respect as he was a former world champion and Ferrari's last one still

As James Hunt use to quote " It makes you mighty angry that someone in a faster car is not doing as well as they should be !" That is what probably every other driver in the paddock thinks apart from the front 5

Good race but spoilt by yet another rush of blood to the head by Vettel. He seems determined to not win the WDC and of the two Ferrari drivers he is the one I would replace. Ferrari should be Trying to get Ricciardo to replace Vettel; if he says no the go for Alonso.

Back
Top Bottom