Poll Out of Ten - 2013 Canadian Grand Prix

2013 Canadian Grand Prix Out of ten

• Total voters
I can't say I've enjoyed many races this season, only Malaysia and Bahrain, Australia wasn't too bad, the rest have been average or below par.

A man lost his life, it seems wrong to me to be voting on how much we enjoyed the race I would rather this race was left out of the final statistics, out of respect for the marshal and his family.....

Like I posted earlier I would rather my vote not be counted.

I can't say I've enjoyed many races this season, only Malaysia and Bahrain, Australia wasn't too bad, the rest have been average or below par.
Your comment is a little odd. For me to really rate a GP I like to see all the top drivers race to the finish. Of the two GP's you liked, Malaysia and Bahrain, arguably the best driver on the grid didn't finish one and was unable to be competitive in the other due to car problems throughout the entire race. I'm not a fan of Vettels but I couldn't rate a GP without him. He needs to be there to be raced against along with all the leading drivers for me to enjoy a GP. Obviously you don't see the need to have Alonso competitive or even able to complete the race to enjoy it. :s

A man lost his life, it seems wrong to me to be voting on how much we enjoyed the race I would rather this race was left out of the final statistics, out of respect for the marshal and his family.....

Like I posted earlier I would rather my vote not be counted.
I respect you sentiments Mephistopheles but the race was well and truly over when this tragic accident happened so in fairness to all who have voted or are considering voting, it wouldn't have impacted on their enjoyment or of the race at the time.

Mephistopheles I am really sorry but I don't want to set the precedent of allowing people to change their votes as it could become an absolute nightmare to police. If it's any consolation whatsoever your vote is roughly on the mean so removing it is likely to have little effect on the final results. However, if removing your vote would have changed something I will try to remember to indicate this when I post the results.

It was a tragic accident and has put a dark cloud over the whole weekend. Marshal's are avid motorsport fans though and I think he would have approved of the sort of discussions we have about the race here and Canada will remain in the standings.

Mephistopheles I think thats a little over the top mate. The guy worshipped F1 and I doubt very much he'd want the drama or enjoyment of the race or season taken away from people. Everyone is voting for the race not that they enjoyed a tragic accident that took place
after the race's conclusion.

Seems a very strong view especially after your take on the Maria De Vilota.

Mephistopheles Meph what happened was desperately sad and it sounds very callous to say ...life goes on....but it does. How otherwise could we ever have moved on from some of the tragedies we've seen in this sport . I was devastated when Simoncelli was killed, he was one if my favourite riders. I still watch moto GP and I have new favourites, but when they line up on the grid a little part of me goes out to that curly haired young rider who isn't there, and I have a lump in my throat. We can remember, but we have to move on.

Your comment is a little odd. For me to really rate a GP I like to see all the top drivers race to the finish. Of the two GP's you liked, Malaysia and Bahrain, arguably the best driver on the grid didn't finish one and was unable to be competitive in the other due to car problems throughout the entire race. I'm not a fan of Vettels but I couldn't rate a GP without him. He needs to be there to be raced against along with all the leading drivers for me to enjoy a GP. Obviously you don't see the need to have Alonso competitive or even able to complete the race to enjoy it. :s

And you say my comment was a little odd.

The best drivers don't have to finish the race to make it an entertaining one.

I don't think I ever voted on any of these.
tbh I'm not quite sure what the point is of having a poll where however well posters' favourite drivers/teams perform has any kind of bearing on voting when it comes to judging the quality of a race as a whole?

Which is exactly why we stopped the "official" polls a long time ago.

Certain members even admitted as much which resulted in some fairly heated discussions.

It's a poll that expresses the views of the CTA members, and people's enjoyment of the races may be biased by certain drivers or teams doing well or not so well. It's not an objective view of the race quality, although I'm not sure such a thing really exists. Surely what matters most in judging the race quality is how much the fans liked it? For some people a race might be an immediate 1/10 if Vettel pulls out the win finger, for some it might be a 10/10 as soon as Kimi pulls out an ice cream and for others still (naming no names of course) every F1 race is simply perfect in every way and worth a 10. That's life.

I understand your point perfectly sushifiesta but in that case this thread is a bit of a misnomer..
Might as well have a poll called "Just how much did your favourite driver make you enjoy this race"?
Wouldn't mean an awful lot as far as polls go but then again neither does this one.

Well, I think plenty of people vote based on criteria that aren't solely based on driver favourites. I think there's a significant number of people on CTA that don't have strong driver/team preferences, for example. Personally, if Hamilton wins but it was a crap race I'd give it a crap score. I'm just trying to say that who you're supporting can have a big influence on how some people enjoy the races, and I don't see a problem with that.

I think every voting system has it variables and questions about why people vote the way they vote but unless you don't believe in democracy ithink you have to hope it all evens itself out.

YES!!!

WE ARE ALL!!!

INDIVIDUALS!!!!

life-of-brian-all-individuals.jpg

Back
Top Bottom