Out of Ten - 2013 Belgian Grand Prix

2013 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
The only good points this weekend were:

- Great qualifying Q3
- Alonso's superb drive through the field, though many of his overtakes (inevitably) were DRS assisted
- The driver cam shot through Eau Rogue; I am a sucker for this corner

Not the Spa is was expecting and hoping for; Seb's dominance just ruined it - I give it a 6

Went for a 7, started with greater promise, fizzled out at the front.

Not sure where I stand with Perez, I feel he was unfairly penalised, not because he didn't break the strict rules, but because they weren't strictly applied.

Sick and tired about how the rules get read out, either it's within the rules or outside to have four wheels outside the line, if it's within the rules, Perez committed no penalty, if it's outside then everyone deserved a drive through.

Leaving this "discernible advantage" line in the application of the rules is complete abdication of control and although certain weak minded individuals think it means they can decide what is fair, all it means is it's OK to gain an advantage when no-one else is impacted, but if you're naughty and someone else is impacted, then the stewards will throw the book at you.

Every single lap I watched I saw drivers taking all four wheels over the lines, yet, because it was their decision and they didn't do it to defend a position the time saved was sanctioned - honestly, get real, an advantage is not necessarily a position you morons!!!!

If a rule is not consistently applied, it is a bad rule....

The problem for Strand was that the one person buying them was alone.

There would not be anyone gaining any sort of advantage by going over the white lines if the kerbs were not there. Since they are then the white lines should bend so that a driver not going over the edge of the kerb is within the circuit. If you give an F1 driver an extra bit of road then he will use it, legal or not.

As far as wings are concerned I would like to see them restricted to one element with a maximum width and a maximum length, within those limits any shape that you want.

Result pretty much sorted by end of 1st lap and Vettel coasting after about 4,
a few decent scraps down through field but DRS made most overtaking too easy,
another correct silly penalty (Perez & Grosjean on same piece of track was just a dream for the stewards),
brain fade from Maldonado ...... altogether, just an average 5 from me.

Let's be honest, after a month off I would have enjoyed the most boring of races, so a 7.

Definitely disappointed we didn't have a scrap for the lead, but if you watched the practice sessions, there was no reason to think Lewis could match Seb over a race distance in the dry.

Vettel won

vettel.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom