Nonsense, lunacy and general stutterings

The 6 time F1 World Champion Flyboogy is preparing for his next challenge,
With the 4 time World Champion Flyboogy uninterested (as he is chilling out with his flamingo friends before his big challenge ahead),

Late reply but how did you lose 2 World championships within a few paragraphs?!

I've been thinking that for years. I think they should use big wheels of cheese instead of tyres. The wear would be the same as this season I reckon.

Have to share this, a true story.

My eldest daughter was charged with instructing 14 year olds on the danger of STIs today - for Heavens sake, the teachers take turns in this, but that's btw.

Herpes - young boy 'wasn't he a Greek god, miss' :D

Condoms - 'don't be a fool cover your tool' - a young lad who seems to have the message already! :snigger:

My question is, Does anyone think that Formula One suffers from a lack of involvment in or promotion of the Cheese Industry?
Most definitely. I recall at least two visits to Trulli's vinyard over the years and bubbled wine being liberally sprayed at every GP unless someone has died, yet not one item on cheese. Nor cider and beer for that matter. Slack, I call it!

If you want cheesy racing the Americans already have it...

Nothing says NASCAR like 3,000 pounds of ripe cheddar cheese.
The American Dairy Association plans to capitalize on the link between America's favorite moldy milk product and the nation's most popular motor sport during this weekend's races at Richmond International Raceway.
The association's brie-zarre inspiration led to the commissioning of nationally known cheese, butter and chocolate artist Jim Victor to pay fromage to NASCAR by carving a ton and a half of Cabot cheddar into the shape of Terry Labonte's No. 5 Kellogg's car.
"A cheese car is always a good idea," said Janet Grubbs, program coordinator with the Southeast Dairy Association, attesting to the national organization's gouda intentions.
In addition to being able to cut the cheese, Victor lists an impressive resume that clearly qualifies him for his current muenster undertaking.
A graduate of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Victor is currently a professor at both Rosemont College and Fleisher Art Memorial in Philadelphia.
His first foray into food art was in the1980's.
"What happened was, I was doing portraits of personalities - sculpture portraits for magazines and newspapers," Victor said.
Among those were busts of Jimmy Carter commissioned by New York Magazine and of Henry Kissinger for The New York Times.
"Then somebody asked me to do chocolate heads of Andy Rooney and Anne Miller," Victor said. His work bit the spot: "Rooney, he said he was going to give his to a hospital for people with diabetes."
Next came butter.
"There was an ad for a butter sculptor in the Harrisburg, Pa., newspaper," Victor said, recalling a call from a family member to inform him of the unlikely position—one clearly tailored to his qualifications.
He holds that position intermittently, as he faces yearly competition from Pennsylvania's other butter artist— yes, there are two, Victor confirmed.
"The first cheese I carved was last year," Victor said. He rendered Cheesasaurus Rex, 250 pounds of carved Kraft cheese, for the 2002 Hidalgo, Texas, Border Fest.
Since then, he said, 'We're cutting the cheese regularly here.'
Using heavy-duty, cutting tools, whittling implements and even good-old-fashioned cheese graters, Victor and his assistant, Jimm Scannell, planned to complete their project well in time for tonight and tomorrow's race fans, who will surely line up for a glimpse at what, for at least the duration of race weekend, is arguably the cheesiest thing about NASCAR.
The car will boast stunning automotive details rarely witnessed in a block of cheddar. Everything from lug nuts to many of the sponsor decals that decorate the No. 5 car will be dearly discernible, promises Victor.
The exhibit will be located just about smack dab in the middle of the vendor display area of the raceway, said RIR spokesman Keith Green.
"It's right next to the Army display, which is so huge you can't miss it," he said. He promised that the cheese display "will be refrigerated."
Proper refrigeration is obviously a significant detail when working in temperamental food materials that have a tendency to smell if left in the open air, Scannell said." You don't want it to start rotting, or it wouldn't be much of an attraction," he said. "I've heard of people who use real fish in sculpture—that's a problem."
Any way you slice it, admits Victor,"It's not fine art but it's something that gives people some enjoyment." (cont. on next column)

jimpushcar.jpg

Courtesy of http://www.jimvictor.com/press/press.html

and of course there's the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips race at Watkins Glen.

http://www.autoracingdaily.com/news...od-sour-cream-dips-at-the-glen-race-line-up1/

Mmmm, 64 slices of American cheese...

Back
Top Bottom