Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

Looks like Mr Uber Cool / Mr Grumpy depending on how well Lewis is doing, has sign for Mercedes until the end of 2018.

It now means 2017 drivers are known for Ferrari, Red Bull & Mercedes.

Not really news as it was nailed on, not like he'd go to Mclaren or Williams would he.....

I am surprised because I would've thought they would've had 1 argument too many at Mercedes. 1 would leave In 2017. Maybe I thought might have been holding out to see if he would be world champion as to not have a hill 1997 dejavu were the no1 plate goes elsewhere

One title won against Massa and Kovalainen, and five won against Rosberg. More of a Schumacher career than a Senna one.

Thought this post is more relevant here than on Austria thread

Does today's move on Verstappen into the hairpin prove that his move on Lewis in Austria was a deliberate move. Because that was almost a carbon copy move going so far into the corner without even turning his wheel. Like DC says we dont want to call a man a liar but twice the camera paints a much different picture to his version

A very good drive from Rosberg yesterday. After 11 laps he was only four and a half seconds ahead of Hamilton in third but stretched it to a positive 27 seconds by the end. He did not put a foot wrong even on the first lap but drove in a calm decisive manner.

He best Hamilton in a straight right at Monza, and looked about a foot taller when he got out of the car. I imagine he would have backed himself against anyone at anything by half 4.

Repeat? He'll need to - a couple of times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom