Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

i personally hold the view its driver.

So by that, I take it that you mean that the widely accepted view touted by all pundits, Ross Brawn and both drivers that the Mercedes is hard wearing on it's tyres and lacks race pace is a load of twaddle then?

It must be that guy in Studgart firing the rumour mill to justify the redundancies and £20m salary for Schumacher. Now I can corroborate your stance with Il_leone's views and everything makes sense.

:-D

So by that, I take it that you mean that the widely accepted view touted by all pundits, Ross Brawn and both drivers that the Mercedes is hard wearing on it's tyres and lacks race pace is a load of twaddle then?

I never said that. Im aware of the tyre issues that plague the Mercedes but thats not to say it isnt a fast car. i dont expect Rosberg to win races, no but what i expect is for him to either gain one or two places or finish in the same position he qualified...Not go backwards

Schumacher's had two unlucky races in a row so we don't know how good the Mercedes really is.

Well what did happen to Rosberg today? Schumacher did manage to get a point despite getting hit by Grosjean, Schumacher was down to 13th after lap 1, while Rosberg was in 6th, he went down to 9th for several laps, then went up to 4th at one point. Finished 14th, half a minute behind his team-mate.

Quite strange :thinking:

I do hope like Lotus, Mercedes have an error free weekend.

Lotus' problems have been an impetuous young driver trying to make a quick mark against the Aces at the sharp of the grid and a former (and, possibly, current) Ace who's trying to find his way in terms of processes and non-slick Pirellis.

Mercedes problems lie in the fact that they cant stall their rear wing lap in lap out like they can in qually and, just as importantly, their tyre deg is attrocious.

What's really worrying for Nico is that an old and past-it Schumacher now has the measure of him. Finally.

Sadly, we STILL don't know how good Nico really is. His last proper benchmark was a rookie season along side Webber. How long ago was that?

What must be alarming for him is that two summers ago he was possibly being talked about in the same league as Button, if not Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso. Well, that talk is vanishing quickly and there are other winners out there lurking (Raikkonen) and new young guns ready to make their mark (Perez, Vergne, Ricciardo, Grosjean).

Now there's talk that Mercedes may not sign the Concorde and might leave F1.

Nico's running out of time.

Ouch!

Well what did happen to Rosberg today? Schumacher did manage to get a point despite getting hit by Grosjean, Schumacher was down to 13th after lap 1, while Rosberg was in 6th, he went down to 9th for several laps, then went up to 4th at one point. Finished 14th, half a minute behind his team-mate.

Good question. And did he pass Button on the final lap?

Heard he was like Button, he couldn't keep temperatures in his tyres and complained of wear, but when he came in and his old tyres where actually in good shape, but they changed them anyway.

Its a shame that as soon as he has a car capable of challenging for the front row he has been making mistakes under pressure when he is usually error free.

I hope he finally qualifies where his speed should put him in China

Its a shame that as soon as he has a car capable of challenging for the front row he has been making mistakes under pressure when he is usually error free.

To be honest Nico does have a history of mistakes under pressure. He's gine bringing th ecar home in 5th and 6th when thats what people expect the car to do but, to me, it seems everytime he has the chance of an amazing result he messes up somewhere.

I'll throw in Malaysia 09 and the thing with the pitlane in Singapore as examples

Malaysia 09 eh? Here's Rico Nosberg (As Ross Brawn knows him) making an awesome start!

Yes and he then went on to the lead the race and build a 15 second lead - but at the end of the day he finished 9th. Despte the rain etc etc I'm still not sure how he managed that.

Yes and he then went on to the lead the race and build a 15 second lead - but at the end of the day he finished 9th. Despte the rain etc etc I'm still not sure how he managed that.
this is where some question his potential because when it rained on the same tyre he was 8 seconds slower than Button !

not sure how he lead impressively for his lead and after first pit stop lost some 15 seconds to Button who spent the early laps behind Trulli
whats worse was he was 3rd in the shuffle

did not realise RayinTorontoCanada had been banned permanently

-------------------------

Back to topic Rosberg
Does anyone think Mclaren still want him on their list should Hamilton go

With 3 of the top 4 drivers secure ..at the moment Hamilton will start the driver's market but apparently if he does not it is suppose to be Nico Rosberg who interests Red Bull, Ferrari and Mclaren.. I know he signed a contract till the end of 2014 but there could be some pressure to promote one of the Force India drivers and now Schumacher is liking his car the pressure seems to be on Nico a bit

I always give Nico a hard time so I'll say well done and fantastic lap today.

(you know I'll be on his back if he ends up 7th or something tomorrow though!)

I always give Nico a hard time so I'll say well done and fantastic lap today.

(you know I'll be on his back if he ends up 7th or something tomorrow though!)

that is what everyone is expecting from the hard wearing Mercedes

I think they may last if the track temperature stays cool

Is there rain tomorrow ??

Back
Top Bottom