Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

The saviour for Mercedes today could be Kamui Kobayashi. And maybe they won't be vulnerable to DRS the way they're set-up. But Nico always leads early at Shanghai, doesn't he?

What a difference three weeks makes. There seemed to be a very different demeanour about the Mercedes team this week, maybe they knew they had got round the issues that they had had to that point, but I will admit to being pleasantly surprised when they were able to maintain the qualifying pace through the race, showing there is more to the car than a fancy schmancy rear wing.

The Battle is joined, another German has risen!!

Has Nico taken the longest to win a GP with 111 goes or does that honour fall to Mark Webber?

Rosberg is fifth on the list:
  1. Mark Webber (2002-09) 130
  2. Rubens Barrichello (1993-2000) 124
  3. Jarno Trulli (1997-2004) 117
  4. Jenson Button (2000-06) 113
  5. Nico Rosberg (2006-12) 111
  6. Giancarlo Fisichella (1996-2003) 110

yes Mark Webber holds the record for the longest to win his first race

Out of that list Button is the only who is world champion after taking more than 100 races to win his first grand prix...something the statisticians were irking him about being a world champion

Bahrain may bring Mercedes back with a bump as they may fast in qualifying but the extreme temperatures might hurt them in the race

It will be interesting to see if Nico restablishes that 0.5 second per lap he had in quali over MSc again

Boom. About time. Nico was untouchable in that Merc today. I don't even his teammate or Button could have had him beat had circumstances not denied them both the opportunity.

I would love to see some more wins from Nico this year.

The side by side comparison of Rosberg and Schumacher's pole laps was quite revealing too. Schumacher's lines and commitment looked absolutely second rate against Rosberg's.

This weekend surely puts Rosberg on the same level as Kubica

Before or after? :)

Seriously, Rosberg did extremely well today, but one swallow does not make a summer. So far he has only looked like winning two or three times, the first three races of the season he looked to be lackluster. But now he has done it once it may give him the confidence to repeat it.

Before or after? :)

Seriously, Rosberg did extremely well today, but one swallow does not make a summer. So far he has only looked like winning two or three times, the first three races of the season he looked to be lackluster. But now he has done it once it may give him the confidence to repeat it.

Surely you must excuse him that this is the first time he has had the fastest car on raceday. His record in F1 is fantastic, given what he has had to work with.

Since he broke into F1 in the Williams, I have always believed he was one of the very fastest out there. I know a lot of you don't put as much stock in qualifying performance as I do, but Nico showed me time and time again that he had that speed - even Schumacher's biggest fan has to admit that Nico has out qualified the seven time world champion fair and square.

I'm really pleased for him to have finally gotten the monkey off his back. A lot like Jenson became a much better racer after he had finally won, maybe Nico can now do the same. I see no reason why not.

even Schumacher's biggest fan has to admit that Nico has out qualified the seven time world champion fair and square.
I just did!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Mercedes have had a good weekend but there is a long way to go and there is no indication of any continuous form at this point.
This could be the turning point of the season maybe?
I will eat my hat if Nico Rosberg wins a world championship.
As long as this is your hat
l.jpg

Nico has been quoted as future world champion since his GP2 days and his GP debut but he has not developed and this is a good filip for him

There was some that compared Nico Rosberg to Jenson Button including Ross Brawn who said in the right car he will win races and the championship..could be the start of many wins for him like Button had

Nico had to defend himself being labelled Nick Heidfeld mk 2 saying last year's Mercedes no one would win

Lets see if he can build momentum on this

however I did predict China, Spa and Monza would be where Mercedes would be strong due to their superior straightline speed perhaps even Suzuka if they can maintain the speed throughout out the season

Back
Top Bottom