Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Rosberg has had one weekend during his career when he was in the fastest car resulting in his sole win.

I'd argue that he had the fastest car for two weekends actually, remember Monaco. I believe the Mercedes was the fastest car of the weekend.
The point you make still stands. It is very difficult to compare their F1 histories.

Ive alway regarded rosberg as a fast driver but in my opinion he should have a few more victories to his name like Monaco last year and China 2010 where he went off and gifted Button the lead. That being said i could say the same for Hamilton. Its going to be interesting how it plays out at Merc, especially as the car seems to have decent pace and the driving partnership has to be up there with the best in F1 at the moment. I don't think there will be much in it.

What with all this talk of there being no number one driver at Mercedes it struck me as odd that when Lewis signed his contract he insisted that they allow him to use Carbon Industry brakes even though Mercedes were using Brembo.

At McLaren Lewis was using Carbon Industries and Jenson was using Brembo (Drivers choice clearly no number one.) but now at Mercedes Nico is being forced to use Carbon Industry brakes even though he is used to the Brembo brakes.

No number one my arse.....

For anyone interested Hamilton is now just 8/1 to win the title whilst Rosberg is 40/1! Might be worth a punt of the German. Button has now fallen behind Hamilton and is now at 9/1. How a good pre-season test can change things... Vettel and Alonso are still well clear mind.

I bet on both those two during the week, but got worse odds, I couldn't be bothered to drive further to get to ladbrooks where it was better. 7/1 Lewis and 33/1 Rosberg. I was done!! But the man was scary and the place was seedy. I just wanted to get out.

Was Rosberg forced to change brake materials? I haven't read that but please point it out if it's something I have missed. Were the previous Brembo brakes Nico's choice or Mercedes' choice? this could just be something that Lewis brought to the team in his bid to help them to be more competitive. I know none of this, though, and so wait to be corrected.

I think Lewis was fastest in FP1 and Nico was in FP2. But both stopped before the end in FP2. I didn't watch it so mostly caught by reading twitters and from what I can gather Lewis was last to get onto the softs and then he went off and damaged his splitter? Something like that anyway. So I'm not sure he did his best time. But both did well and that Merc looked good :D

All I know for a fact is ExtremeNinja that Lewis insisted on Carbon Industries brakes as that is his preferred choice it has nothing to do with making a car better or worse it is a drivers feeling during braking not a car benefit if it were all teams would insist on Carbon Industry brakes and now Nico is using them, which is odd because a driver usually prefers what he is used to.

To me this smacks of driver favoritism and not equal status, but I could be wrong of course...

Back
Top Bottom