Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

If it had been lauded as one fo his great drives then, sure. I thought my breakfast was great this morning, as did Tony the Tiger, but it doesn't mean it should be lauded upon high. GREAT and great surely have to be taken in context here, Mephistopheles. I think you are getting carried away with the language and elevating the statement to more than it's fairly clear intention.

So. A great drive from Lewis but not one of THE great drives from Lewis, if you catch my drift.

I didn't think it was a bad drive I just didn't think it was great other drivers did a lot better Sutil and Kimi for instance...

I asked a legitimate question without any malice to it I never even mentioned Lewis by name I said "a driver" and was wondering if it would have been called great if it had been any other driver who had dropped from 3rd to 5th in a race. I don't see why I should be made to feel stupid for asking it.....

Lewis and Nico are teammates now, and there may be in the future some bumps in the road, but long term, I believe that they will always still remain friends.

watch

I didn't think it was a bad drive I just didn't think it was great other drivers did a lot better Sutil and Kimi for instance......

In the POLL...Out of Ten Aust GP...I posted about Kimi, Felipe & Sutil,....(post 10)

After the race LH said in an interview, "I think it's great, I'm very happy, it's way better than we ever expected in the first race of the season, it's a great place to start."
Lewis had a long first stint on the supersofts..he was still on them Lap 13...Vettel, Button et al...had to change theirs earlier. The Merc wasn't good on tyres last year.....so hopefully that problem is sorted...which is great...
I wasn't really saying anymore than....what Lewis has said ....

Given this is a Hamilton vs Rosberg thread I think comparatively speaking Hamilton's drive was great compared to Rosberg's. I also think considering he had that car finishing higher than anyone anticipated both in qualifying and the race it was also great to see Hamilton can still work the Hamilton magic and put a car where it has no business being. For a Mercedes to only drop 2 places during the race is also pretty great by their standards (especially seeing as they all too often struggle to finish).

I was pretty happy with it and too thought it was great for Lewis and sad for Nico.

Vettel's scenario however was probably not great given expectations on him and his car.

I'm not really sure how you can say the car had no right being where it was in qualifying as Schumacher Qualified the Merc 4th last year in Australia and 3rd in Malaysia he also put it on pole in Monaco so the car wasn't bad at qualifying last year and so it should be no surprise that it is okay at qualifying this year, also it was showing a pretty good turn of speed in testing....

Yeah but he stuck it ahead of 2 Ferraris and they looked a clear better package on both quali and race pace. I'd say that Lewis put his car at least two spots further up the grid than it's unadulterated pace deserved in the dry conditions of Q3. I don't think that this is anything less than we expect from Lewis, though, and so these performances are often overlooked. I would say that, with the combination of car and driver, Lewis' quali spot was bang on target - a higher target than you might expect from another peddler.

It was a great race for Hamilton in the circumstances Meph. He was pretty scruffy all weekend until his final flying lap. Then he ends up leading the race, fighting through tire trouble, bringing the Mercedes home in its best place in (7 GP for Rosberg, 13 GP for Schumacher), and to top it off he beats Button and McLaren handily after hearing all winter about how far he would be behind them.

Obviously not a historically great race for Lewis, but it was certainly a great start to the 2013 campaign for Merc and Hamilton.

I think people are misunderstanding me I am not in any way putting down Hamilton's drive I'm just saying keep it in perspective it was the first race and it was a very scruffy weekend for all the teams the soft tyres were bloody useless and the qualifying was disjointed to be honest I hardly know any more about true performance of the individual teams than I did after testing except that McLaren are in deep shit. but nothing else....

Everybody was keeping it in perspective. It was you who interpretted "great" to be greater than the poster's intention of the use of the word. So you are bringing us back from a perspective that you have mistakenly interpreted and a perspective that nobody actually touted. So, on that basis, I think everybody is in agreement, anyway, and we are actually arguing about nothing.

I know tyres are round and seem to dominate everything that happens in F1 these days but it still surprises me that somehow some of the discussions on CTA manage to be even more circular. I can only assume it's because the weight of a car tends to flatten a tyre at the contact patch with the road. What befuddles me is that weighty argument doesn't appear to have the same effect on a discussion.:thinking:

Keeping it in perspective of what Meph? It's not like Mercedes came into this year as a true title contender. They were very much pleased with a P5 they haven't seen in a while.

As for Nico vs Lewis...I wouldn't be surprised to see Rosberg have the upper hand initially this weekend, with Hamilton finding his way slightly later.

If it rains tomorrow...Nico will be on it ...For Sure....

Just watching the drivers after the race ...talking to press..Nico & Lewis sweat pouring off them...LH always has veins standing out on his forehead....they really been giving it all...
Other drivers looked cool, dry ...& further back..

stressed eric veins are now an indicator of how hard somebody is trying? Maybe the fan guy wasn't doing his job properly!

Back
Top Bottom