Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Shhh he said we'd never mention it again Brogan (probably so we can't mock him).

Nice to see Nico woken up again even if it was just for 20 mins. I'm afraid to say I don't have much confidence he'll beat Lewis in the race but we'll see.

Nico was pissed as he was looking good for the front row whereas Hamilton wasn't at that point so it's no wonder they both said what they have. Lewis to some extent was the clearance vehicle but I think Nico did an excellent job given he was second out so the impact wouldn't have been massive.

I'll be thrilled if they are closer than anticipated, I'm a big Rosberg fan and with the right machinery he should be able to challenge way more than he has been able to previously. I think having Hamilton will spur him on considerably.

There is no favouritism, the status may change depending on who is ahead at any pivotal point but thats perfectly normal in any team as afterall they are a business. Don't ruin this dream partnership for me!

Brogan I think your spot on there. I think Lewis had the legs on Nico through out the race as well.

On todays form I don't think either of them are going to challenge for the title but I can see race wins for Lewis and both of them being a thorn in the side of the front teams when it comes to tactically planning races.

rosberg tried the brakes lewis uses,didnt like um,so went back to his old ones,end of.
i expect to see lewis beat nico regulary to be honest.sometimes nico will get the better of lewis,similiar to what jenson did.
but noone can beat a focused lewis over a season.youve got a chance tho if he loses focus and his mind starts to wonder during races.

Lewis seems to be totally focused...Ross Brawn said he admired Lewis' commitment to the team...

This weekend, Lewis spoke about Nico in interviews, (all good), and mentioned Ron Dennis' words when they were team mates in 1997, " Hope you two are mature enough to work together." Lewis added."As long as you respect one another".

IMO...just what Nico needed....he will be up for it....he has known Lewis for a long time...

Lewis said everyone is expecting a lot from him, Nico hasn't been put in that position, but Lewis ...loves the pressure ...

I will be very anxious to see who looks better in the inevitably wet conditions at Sepang. I think Nico enjoyed a certain sense of familiarity with the Mercedes in the rain at Melbourne that Lewis clearly did not. Hamilton had remarkably few clean laps when the circuit was wet and looked rather uncomfortable compared to his usual fondness for the slick conditions.

Although it's difficult to say for sure as qualifying was so much of a lottery, the speed trap data does give an indication that Nico was running more downforce than Lewis - Lewis' speed through the speed trap was 311.1 km/h (1st) and Nico's 306.6 km/h (8th) - which may go some way to explaining why Nico was much more comfortable in Q1 and Q2.

Back
Top Bottom