Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

10403482_678982835515452_441298293524177950_n.jpg

Presumably Rosberg will have an automatic 5 place grid drop penalty at the next race, due to an unscheduled change for less than six consecutive events.

Have we had confirmation of this or does the retirement mean he gets a free gearbox change?

"If a driver fails to finish a race due to reasons beyond his or his team's control, he may start the next meeting with a different gearbox without incurring a penalty."

No penalty then I suspect.

Mecedes reliability may just play a huge role in this championsh

-----------------------------------------------

True but that's not unusual between drivers competing for the title. For so many seasons in the recent past we got used to a near-absence of mechanical retirements, because the regulations effectively kept cars and engines restricted to being pushed well below their potential.

There is more of "back-to-normal" feeling to this season, with 2014 regs making mechanical retirements and gremlins more likely. No more 100 per cent reliability record at the end of races.

I never shared the opinion of those who said Hamilton was unlucky to have had two mechanical retirements this year because two retirements under this year's rules is fairly "normal".
I think it was more a case of Rosberg being fortunate he hadn't had any... until now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom