Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Oh right so just totally ignore what Lewis himself says and put your own spin on it,

Like when you totally ignored when both Lewis and Nico said that Nico was faster of the two at Bahrain and also at Spain where Lewis won. I remember you completely putting your own spin on that, to the point that you exhausted all argument and still swore blind that you were the only person on the planet that was right, against all fact and informed opinion. Come on, Meph. Pots and kettles.

Oh right so just totally ignore what Lewis himself says and put your own spin on it, pit shit happens through nobody's fault and yet two massive errors of his own making means **** all
I didn't say that at all. In fact he seems to be partly if not totally responsible for the first pit stop delay too. It seems obvious to pretty basic maths, though, that if he had started further up the grid, and had had better pit stops - blame regardless - he'd have been able to dice with Rosberg for longer which could have given him more opportunities to overtake. Just as it would then have allowed Rosberg to reciprocate if he did overtake. There's no bias about it, it's pretty simple timekeeping.

still we all know he can do no wrong don't we, so it really does have to be somebody else's fault doesn't it....
Actually I don't think that, but if I did it would be a good job you're there to keep me in check, with your desire to knock him at every single opportunity. I salute you, I'd have thought it would have got tiring by now, but nope, you keep on going. :cheer:

Don't the exact same people do Lewis' s pitstops as Nico's?

If that is the case are we suggesting they try harder for Nico than they do for Lewis? I doubt anyone is suggesting thats the case because that would be silly. Especially as its nigh on impossible for a group of people to do something deliberatly half a second slower.

So if we're not suggesting they are doing it deliberatly or trying harder for Rosberg, and it is the same people doing the pitstops, and we can clearly see they can do good pitstops for Rosberg then the only conclusion we can draw is that whilst it is an unfortunate stat it just so happens that Merc's slightly slower (lets remember these aren't bad or botched pitstops) have been for Lewis. If the conclusion we have come to is that its just an unfortunate coincidence then why would Lewis need to have a word with the team? Wouldn't this make them more conscious of the fact and posdibly lead to more mistakes through pressure? This is possibly why he did not bring it up in the media. I guess he's screwed though as the media are bringing it up themselves and the Merc mechanics are going to be bricking it everytime he comes in anyway.

Are there any other factors we can put in that would be a reason for Lewis having slower pitstops? I'm sure his brakes being on fire prob had an effect on Sunday. Does he hit his marks? Has he tended to put whilst others are in the pitlane?

Last edited:
Didn't someone from the team say Lewis came in at a different angle to the pit which meant he wasn't quite aligned to the wheel guns? In which case that could easily cost 0.5s & it's up to Lewis to practise getting it right. This is one conspiracy theory I don't believe.
The team at this stage won't care who is in front as long as it's a Merc 1-2, it may be a German owned team but there's a lot of British engineers there so I suspect it's pretty even.

Lewis did seem to have all the bad luck in Austria compared to Nico. It wasn't just the pitstops as far as I remember. He seemed to get the bad traffic too - i.e Nico gets a clean overtake of a backmarker on the straight but Lewis was stuck behind the car going into a corner for example. All minor things but I think he lost more seconds in such situations than Nico.

RasputinLives

There were comments whilst Hamilton was at McLaren that he always received poorer service than Button... There is one thing that is consistent, which is Hamilton himself - It may be that the way he comes into the pits is not ideal for the mechanics doing the servicing, or it may be that he comes in quicker than other drivers, meaning the mechanics feel the need to be slightly further away when Hamilton comes in than for Rosberg. There are a huge number of possibilities. This is not meant as a criticism - as there are miniscule reasons that individuals might lose out in the pits. I would suggest that it is highly unlikely to be an orchestrated strategy against one driver by a pit crew!

RasputinLives I think your last paragraph is exactly the kind if questions that Hamilton needs to discuss with Merc. I'm not of the opinion there is some conspiracy but there does appear to be some consistency. The analyst in me says that's a good thing as it should help them identify the problem and work on improving, whether it be Hamilton, the pit crew, or both.

Well yes I agree he could should approach Merc pit crew on the subject of 'what can I do to help you' but it seemed to be suggested in some quarters that the words he should be having are 'sort it out guys' which I don't agree with.

Although if they say 'don't come in with your brakes on fire' I'm not exactly sure how he goes about fixing that.

Last edited:
RasputinLives

There were comments whilst Hamilton was at McLaren that he always received poorer service than Button... There is one thing that is consistent, which is Hamilton himself - It may be that the way he comes into the pits is not ideal for the mechanics doing the servicing, or it may be that he comes in quicker than other drivers, meaning the mechanics feel the need to be slightly further away when Hamilton comes in than for Rosberg. There are a huge number of possibilities. This is not meant as a criticism - as there are miniscule reasons that individuals might lose out in the pits. I would suggest that it is highly unlikely to be an orchestrated strategy against one driver by a pit crew!

Is it yours theory or do you have links to the evidence that "he comes into the pits is not ideal for the mechanics doing the servicing, or it may be that he comes in quicker than other drivers, meaning the mechanics feel the need to be slightly further away when Hamilton comes in than for Rosberg."?
It would be very interesting to read the opinion of the engineering staff about problems with Hamilton.

RasputinLives - not my usual source of information but this is from the Mail online:

"The British driver was hindered by two slow pit stops yesterday but, again, his own minute error was a factor. He admitted he went ā€˜a bit longā€™ ā€” fractionally beyond the ideal pit-box stopping place ā€” on his first visit to the pits.
A problem with a cracked wheel rim delayed him in the second stop. It cost him 1.9sec compared to Rosberg. That was almost exactly the margin by which the pair were separated at the end. ā€˜Valuable, but it would not have put me first,ā€™ said Hamilton. ā€˜There is not much more I can do. I have good pace. I just need to execute it.ā€™ "
So, no conspiracy just a bit of broken equipment and a missed mark, as has been mentioned any number of things can cause a delay, he probably lost more passing back-markers.
Sounds like Lewis at least is being philosophical about it, I bet he studies the footage and improves his pit stop accuracy for the next race.
Stuff happens.

Hamilton can get serviced just as fast as Rosberg. In races where they've both made pit stops Lewis had the fastest stop 4 of 7 times. His stop in Canada was lightning fast and he briefly led because of it. His stops in Austria were fairly slow but that happens now and again. He knows he's not going to jump Rosberg through the pits very often, and that's certainly not the way to the title.

RasputinLives - not my usual source of information but this is from the Mail online:

Any "not my usual source of information but this is from the Mail online" source is very important :-)
But I didn't found any evidence from the official persons or video proofs.
If you write in the search youtube line "Hamilton pit stop" or "Hamilton pit stop error" all faults that you can see is
"Lewis Hamilton in wrong pit lane...2013 Malaysian Grand Prix".
Not so much :-)

olegg

That's because inches and minutes of angle are critical in something as well-orchestrated as a pit stop, but wouldn't be obvious to most viewers of youtube. It has to be something almost egregious to be on youtube.

olegg

That's because inches and minutes of angle are critical in something as well-orchestrated as a pit stop, but wouldn't be obvious to most viewers of youtube. It has to be something almost egregious to be on youtube.

:-)
Yes.
But livetiming which is shown in the youtube able to show many things.
And how many can tell Dennis, Lauda and others.
Why not?

Back
Top Bottom