Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Is it time to get the tinfoil hats out again?
To be honest your sarcastic comments mean nothing.

One driver starts on pole and has engine failure before the race even begins, his teammate who starts 2nd inherits the lead and wins. One of them was unlucky and the other was lucky.

Being PC by referencing tinfoil hats changes nothing.

And Canada was a similar story. Over and out.

The absurdity in Canada is if Rosberg had stayed within the circuit limits after locking up, or not accelerated through the run off area, Hamilton would have had him down the straight.

He gained an advantage which ultimately affected the outcome of the race, that fact cannot be argued against.
You're perfectly right, but this has never been punished so far, so it's not surprising they didn't punish it now.

I seem to recall a race when Rosberg was at Williams (might have been Australia, it properly annoyed me at the time) where he repeatedly cut a chicane to stay ahead, so it's not like he doesn't have form for it.

though he gained half a second by accelerating over the chicane, he lost half a second on the subsequent lap by going slower through turns 1 and 2. You can even see it in the lap times.

24 1:19.160
25 1:18.616 (Jumped the chicane)
26 1:19.648 (Slowed through turn1/2)

He gave Hamilton the opportunity to close up again. It might not seem fair but this is no different to how it's been for years. Even Rosberg has asked for clarification of the rules as he was surprised it was referred given the rule is no more than twice. He was given a final warning!

Last edited:
Isn't this all a bit irrelevant Hamilton's car never finished the race regardless of the chicane incident, if it were the incident that determined the result then I could understand the heated argument about the stewards decision but it didn't so I don't...

Just to underscore again how much of an advantage Rosberg gained by blasting through the runoff, it was his fastest lap of the entire race. Over two tenths quicker than his official fastest lap of 1:18.881. I realize the extenuating circumstances here though.

Interestingly, the lap where Nico "gave back" time was only two tenths slower than his next lap, and nearly identical to the lap which he had right before his Fastest Lap. He may have given back some time but it was hardly by choice.

late edit for Meph - It's worth discussing because if the order changes on Lap 25-26 then it's possible the temperatures do not reach the breaking point on Hamilton's car. Being stuck in someones wake is extremely detrimental there.

I never thought I'd ever see these things being said of Rosberg. I'm going to call it 'The Hamilton Effect'

Back
Top Bottom