Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

And Nico then saying yes of course we're friends.

Apparently Hamilton complaining about Rosberg playing keepy uppy's and distracting him and that was before reverse-gate.

I think the gloves came off at Bahrain when Rosberg considered Hamilton cut him up, then it sounds like some inter team agreement about engine modes that kept Hamilton ahead, then Rosberg accusing Hamilton of mind games....

I think they both need to grow up. Jeez and I thought Vettel was sulky when things didn't go his way (although he does still have a way better bottom lip for it).

I have to say I'm a bit wprried it may be Lewis wearing the tin foil hat these days as he seems quite paranoid that he's getting screwed over by the team in some way. His comment of "I knew we should have come in and I knew you wouldn't call me in" seemed somewhat uncalled for. I would say it was frustration but its not first time he has been snappy on the radio with them.

I guess we'll never know what is truly going on behind the scenes at Merc but I hard time believing its all just Lewis being petulant.

He seems very insecure about something and did do in Spain too. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the garage.

I wonder what would happen if Ferrari offered Lewis a contract.

I fully expect at Canada, one of these options:

(a) Hamilton to win comfortably
(b) Hamilton to "Alonso 2007" and make frequent visits to a gravel trap in frustration; or
(c) Team-Mate Collision 644

His comment of "I knew we should have come in and I knew you wouldn't call me in" seemed somewhat uncalled for. I would say it was frustration but its not first time he has been snappy on the radio with them.
I thought that was a really silly comment from him, because there's no way the team would have given him the undercut.

Thats what I mean. He seems to be paranoid the team are screwing him over. I don't believe that this comes from nothing which makes me think something is not right between Lewis and Merc.

Just speculation but all seems odd.

Apparently it's because they've only one strategist whereas at McLaren they had two meaning he had one person making sure he was going to get the best opportunity whereas now, the person in the lead gets full advantage. Hence, I knew you were going to bring me in [despite asking].

It's been mentioned repeatedly this season that the person ahead gets preference to pit first so no surprises about Hamilton's message. What we didn't hear was the radio message before and he was probably on the blower asking to pit after Sutil's shunt and was declined. Fractious disputes are nothing new in F1 so let’s pipe down with the theories. The top drivers complain when they believe they are shortchanged on strategy (see Kimi in Spain).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom