Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Whether he has cheated or not the damage has been done in terms of their friendship and their relationship as team mates. Interesting that Rosberg has only just signed a year extension to his contract.

What does the team do in this situation? Both drivers are equally capable of winning the title at this point.

I was very amused to hear of how other team bosses thought it was certainly deliberate.

They're bound to say that aren't they? ;) One Merc out of the way would like christmas come early tomorrow.

Oh dear, I follow both drivers on Facebook and there are some really spiteful, vicious comments being directed at Rosberg. I thought F1 fans were better than that.

There may be disagreements here but at least all points of view are respectfully written.

hamilton-rosberg-monaco-2014.jpg

How about impeadimg by causing an avoidable yellow flag situation. If he'd parked it up off track where he should have then no yellows and everyone gets a lap.
The yellows came out with 37 seconds to go in the session, just as Rosberg went up the slip road, the wrong side of the wall. He didn't reach the end of the sliproad until 7 seconds later when he stopped and started pushing buttons.

The point is that the yellows were out at least 7 seconds before Nico started reversing. I do not know if they would have been brought in if he had just stopped at 0:30 but I expect they would have remained until at he was out of the car and it had been cleared by marshalls.

If Nico really wants to get some mind games in, he should quietly give Lewis a little nudge and say "I got away with that one". Whether he is really guilty or not doesn't matter, it will wind Lewis up and could unsettle him, handing an advantage to Nico.

I think that's exactly what he's done already.

I have to admit that I am enough of a cynic that I have never believed any team when they claim their two drivers have "equal number one status".The only two times I can think of when that MIGHT have been a true claim were: 1967 when Clark and G Hill were at Lotus at the same time. I question its truth because Clark was much more familiar with the team and therefore enjoyed some advantages, intended or not. The other was McLaren with Prost and Senna.

In this case, I would be willing to bet that Hamilton is being paid (probably MUCH) more than Rosberg. That being the case, and with human nature and business being what they are (after all, the powers that be have to show that the added expense is justified), I rather imagine that LH gets all of the latest improvements before NR does. If so, that would raise the question "has the LH/NR "friendship" been dependent on the latter's being subservient?

I simply do not see how two drivers on the same team, given the competitive nature of racers, can ever be truly "friendly", and, if that is actually the case, how much of an adverse effect can this really have? I think it more likely that this simply lays bare the conflict that has existed just below the surface all along.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom