Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Thats what I mean. He seems to be paranoid the team are screwing him over. I don't believe that this comes from nothing which makes me think something is not right between Lewis and Merc.

Just speculation but all seems odd.

This weekend has the feeling of 2007 again, but in reverse... These are the same sorts of comments that Alonso was coming out with at McLaren- and that didn't turn out well! As far as i can tell, there are three potential options for LH in 2015:
1. Suck it up and stick at Merc with Rosberg, but shut his mouth- let his driving do the talking
2. Return to McLaren- but I wonder if he would be very welcome there...
3. Go to Ferrari, (swap with Alonso?)

He's currently got the most dominant car in F1 history so I wouldn't want to move myself!

teabagyokel Well he emphatically never said he left McLaren because "they sold him down the river on strategy" and I'm struggling to see the point in bringing in up in this thread. He was just highlighting the difference in approach to strategy at McLaren and how the dual system would've favoured him under these circumstances. A combination of factors led to him joining Mercs and their error last strewn season in 2012 was certainly a factor (hence going backwards). What is unsurprising about this is that a similar situation happened with Kimi in Spain, albeit under slightly different circumstances, but yet no speculation or wild theories.

Well Hamilton has seemed unhappy with his team over the radio in the last 2 races. I'm just wondering why.

Please put your wild theories on the back of a postcard and send them too.....

I think Lewis is wrong in saying that McLaren would have pitted him in that situation purely and simply because Jenson would have dived in the pits ahead of him Lewis has never been one for making his own strategy calls on the fly as it were, he relies entirely on the team for for that.

My concern with this weekend is that he will dwell on it as he feels he has been hard done to by Rosberg and the team, Hopefully the next race will allow him to get things back in focus but at least this race has opened up a bit more interest in the Championship. I for one thought thought the WDC was a done deal.

Quintessentially - There are no wild theories except for the ones Hamilton is, himself, propagating. It seems very strange for him to compare his team unfavourably on this issue with a previous team who were considered to have repeatedly screwed up his strategy.

There was discussion on here about Raikkonen and Alonso, I certainly contributed to it.

Did you watch the interview TBY? I don't think he was trying to say that, he was explaining why he said what he did. If that's the way this team works he's actually in a better position given he's led more races and is likely to keep doing so.

Hamilton is a WDC, he needs to make calls, I'm prety sure button/alonso/senna/schumacher/prost would've seen their teammate not pit and just dived into the pit lane with an 'I'm coming in guys' message, and then dealt with the flak after the race. His only competitor is his teammate, so be underhand, at the end of the year, there's only one world champion, and I don't think there's a fair play trophy in F1.

I think Lewis was saying he would like his own strategy person whose job it was to beat Rosberg and his strategy person. I don't think he said he wanted McLaren's strategy people, just their structure.

Back
Top Bottom